Cruisecare Insurance questions

On the RCI website, the prices for cruise insurance are shown as being based only upon the cost of your cruise. For instance, $59 pp for a cruise costing under $1000. I just spoke with someone at the insurance desk who assured me that at that price my airfare and travel is also covered. I can't imagine that that is correct. Most insurers require you to add up all expenses that will be covered and base the price on the total figure. STA sells a flat rate policy that we have used in the past, but the RCI rate is even less than STA...which is a bargain compared to most of the polices shown on insuremytrip.com. To make this harder to believe, she stated that if air was purchased thru' RCI, you DID have to add in that cost as well as cruise cost to determine the price of insurance. I hope some of you who have used RCI's insurance can address this for me.

CRUISECARE TRAVEL INSURANCE PROGRAM

PROVIDED BY STONEBRIDGE CASUALTY INSURANCE COMPANY

Policy Number(s): MZ0911036H0000A

DESCRIPTION OF COVERAGES

Maximum Benefit Amount

PART A. TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT PROTECTION

Trip Cancellation for Independently Booked Air....................................Up To Total Original Airfare Cost

Trip Interruption for Independently Booked Air........................Up To 150% of Total Original Airfare Cost

Trip Delay......................................................................................................................................... $500

PART B. MEDICAL PROTECTION

Emergency Evacuation ............................................................................................................... $25,000

Repatriation................................................................................................................................. $25,000

Accident Medical Expense ........................................................................................................... $10,000

Sickness Medical Expense .......................................................................................................... $10,000

PART C. BAGGAGE PROTECTION

Baggage and Personal Effects....................................................................................................... $1,500

Baggage Delay................................................................................................................................. $500

Will attach the whole contract, in pdf file also

RCICruiseCare.pdf

• 2 months later...

If you still need this info, YES the cost of Cruise Care thru RCCL is based on Cruise ONLY BUT does include air...The insurance is cheaper or comparable to others who add in air.. HOWEVER Cruise Care does not waiver pre-existing medical conditions EVER..I called them today to ask

..Last year I had to cancel for an necessary operation. It was NOT a pre-existing condition but Berkely (their insurance) went back 60 from the date I bought the insurance and investigated like crazy all my doctors Drove my one Dr. nutz... Its was maddening BUT they eventually did pay in FULL...

I would suggest paying for it as soon as you can if you didnt visit any doctors for 60 days before!!!

I always purchase the ins but haven't had to use it either...Thank goodness!!

I did once purchase the ins on a hotel in LV on Priceline...paid the $5 for insuring a $149 room (4star Venetian).....well, it came in totally handy as my grandson had gotten sick, ended up in the hospital in LA and couldn't make the drive to LV to catch our flight so we had to get a room in LA....insurance paid with no questions asked.......

I never tried filing when 9/11 happened and we had the insurance....we were on Radiance at the time....everyone said terrorism isn't covered.....

Archived