So I'm a little worried

I<3Cruises

I have a cruise booked for the Fasination in July and a little worried about my return flight...the ship comes back to Miami and our flight is out of Fort Lauderdale and without consulting with me the rest of my party booked are you ready for this a 11:35am flight!! So of course, i had pretty much no choice but to book that flight too...

So I'm assuming I'm going to miss my flight? Dont you guys think?

Let me know what you think...thanks in advance!

I have a cruise booked for the Fasination in July and a little worried about my return flight...the ship comes back to Miami and our flight is out of Fort Lauderdale and without consulting with me the rest of my party booked are you ready for this a 11:35am flight!! So of course' date=' i had pretty much no choice but to book that flight too...

Let me know what you think...thanks in advance![/quote']

Do self assist debark and you should be fine...

i would book that flight

You should be able to self disembark, all else going wrong, you will have time. Its only about 45 minutes back to Ft. Lauderdale, even with a traffic jam, it cant be that long. Grab a cab, rather than arranging for transport and losing time.

They also have a early time for those with flights before Noon if you just cant disembark.

So, unless the ship is late which would be unusual, you should be ok.

I just worry about clearing customs cause i have heard all these horror stories about the port being very disorganized...so that was my main cause for concern

You are correct to be concerned. If all things work perfectly, you should make the flight. If the ship is delayed in reaching port, or if Passport and Immigration is slowed for any reason, you probably won't.

If you check the Carnival site, you will see they recommend you book a flight at 1:00PM or later.

Anything can delay the whole process. Stormy seas can delay reaching port, Immigration service doesn't get there on time, problems with peoples onboard accounts, (Carnival won't clear the ship for departures until everyone has settle up), international passenger Immigration clearance.....

Frankly, I'd be nervous...and I wouldn't book it.

We just got off the Fascination a couple of weeks ago and had a 12:30 flight out of Fort Lauderdale. We were off the ship at 8:00 and at the airport by 9:15 and had way more than enough time. Also, the Fort Lauderdale airport is much better organized and not as large as Miami. Security lines are much better and the TSA there are nicer too. Make sure you do the self-assist and let them know you have an early flight and you'll be fine. Enjoy the ship - it was awesome!

• 3 months later...

I have done self assist on almost every cruise and never thought much of it- until we were in NJ and were told we had to pre-register for the ability to walk off (I guess they only take so many). I am hoping that is not the case with Carnival in FLL. I have 31 people on an 11:20 flight (originally 10:10- but unwillingly moved by delta after they were making too many schedule changes).

I have a cruise booked for the Fasination in July and a little worried about my return flight...the ship comes back to Miami and our flight is out of Fort Lauderdale and without consulting with me the rest of my party booked are you ready for this a 11:35am flight!! So of course' date=' i had pretty much no choice but to book that flight too...

Let me know what you think...thanks in advance![/quote']

I would be worried too. Thats close

We did this a couple of years ago. We did self disbark and took Carnival shuttle to Ft. Lauderdale airport. We were at the airport by 9:15 and through all the airport mess by 9:50 :) Good luck, it should not be a problem.

When I was on the Triumph out of MIA the shuttles didn't even leave until noon.

I would do self assist as stated. You have to be able to carry everything off yourself. Than grab the first taxi and go.

Archived