Voyager leaving Barcelona 7pm what time can we board?

We were on the May 10-17 sailing and we got to the port a few mins before 11 and were on the ship by 11:30.

When we disembarked, we were among the very last to leave the ship and were off by 8:45, so they seem to have a fast turn around. Of course each sailing is different;)

Agree with suzon...get there about 11 and you will walk straight on the ship. Don't leave it any longer as the traffic jams into the port are manic and if you got there around 1-2pm you will wait for over an hour to check in. As regards breakfast, I'm assuming you are flying in and getting a taxi to the port. I haven't been to BCN airport (as we went by train), but I would think the best plan of attack is to try and get something at the airport to tide you over, then pig out in the Windjammer at noon!!

Simon

Thanks Simon, we're actually arriving by train from Paris overnight and into Franco station, so were hoping for somewhere around there?

Aha!! Thats what we did too. What class are you travelling in? If you are in Gran Classe or the next one down (which is club I think), you get breakfast included. This is toast, pain du chocolate, croissant, fruit and a scrambled eggy/bacon/mushroom concoction. There is no left luggage at the station, so I'm afraid you will be stuck with your bags and there is not a cafe either. I'm desperately trying to remember if there was anything outside the station..., but old age is creeping in and I can't remember - sorry. You will arrive at 8.30am (but you should know that), so depending on how fit you feel you would have plenty of time to turn left out of the station and walk to the ship...,but it is a couple of miles!! Any other queries, let me know...or e mail if you want, its in my signature.

Simon

OK think we'll start walking and find somewhere on the way. We're only in tourist class (we've got a 4 berth cabin) so I don't think we get breakfast. Do you remember there being any cafes near the port where we board the ship? Might be easier to get a cab there and wait around. THanks for your help, we're really excited about the whole thing. How was your cruise?

OK think we'll start walking and find somewhere on the way. We're only in tourist class (we've got a 4 berth cabin) so I don't think we get breakfast. Do you remember there being any cafes near the port where we board the ship? Might be easier to get a cab there and wait around. THanks for your help, we're really excited about the whole thing. How was your cruise?

I think you can go and ask for breakfast if you want, but it depends what demand is like. The dining car only seats 30 people. Hopefully this map link will work

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=barcelona&countryCode=ES&mapType=&overview=&zoom=16&moveMap=200,200

If you look on the map, directly below Franca station is Barcelonetta metro station and below that is Passeig de Joan de Borbo. There were loads of street cafes down this road, so you should get lucky there. as for our cruise, heres a link to my review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=42910

Simon

Archived