DenRus Itinerary Change

Has anyone done tours with DenRus? Did you have Catherine's Palace on your tours? I just found out that they changed the 2 day itinerary. They took Catherine's Palace off the Value Tour and replaced it with canal cruise, Yusupov's Palace and the metro ride. I'm actually disappointed about this change. I had expected that Catherine's Palace would be part of the tour. I did send an email to DenRus asking about this change and if its possible to replace all these other stuff by putting Catherine's Palace back in. I really don't care for the places they put in.

I'm just so upset about this change. When we booked the tour, we done so with the knowledge that Catherine's Palace was part of the tour, now it's not.

Catherine's Palace is about an hour's ride outside of the city - so possibly they found time-wise it was a tight schedule to keep ..... Personally I enjoyed Peterhof much more, although the highlight of Catherine's Palace was to see the Amber Room, and in one of the great rooms, there were "three tenors" who performed for about 10 minutes....

Possibly your ship will have an evening excursion to Catherine's Palace, with a meal included in a nearby restaurant.

Yusopov's palace was very interesting, since it was actually a home not a palace for functions, visiting dignitaries, etc.... And of course the story of Rasputin that is linked to this family/palace....

Actually by incororating Catherine Palace in the evening will allow you to see more within the city limits of St. Pete.

No matter what, you will be awed!

We are on the Jewel of the Seas Aug 27, 2008. We are booked with Denrus for the 2 day value tour. The first night we are going on RCCL's tour to Catherine's Palace...Imperial Evening !! We are thrilled about our tour plans !!:)

I am doing the same on the Crown. It would have been nice to have Catherine's Palace included on the value tour, and I can see why one would be upset if they booked planning on it being included. I think the evening tour sounds fabulous.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the evening tour at Catherine's Palace when you get back ! Our cruise is Aug 27 on the Jewel of the Seas. I'm a little nervous about getting back from our 1st day Value Tour, but Denrus assured me we be back in time .

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't do Catherine's Palace and Amber Room in the evenings, which is why when we booked it with DenRus, since it was part of their itinerary. Some of Celebrity's tours are outrageously expensive and overpriced for two days.

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't do Catherine's Palace and Amber Room in the evenings, which is why when we booked it with DenRus, since it was part of their itinerary. Some of Celebrity's tours are outrageously expensive and overpriced for two days.

If you can get some more people to join you, I would still suggest trying to switch to a custom tour. We are visiting Catherine Palace the first day and Peterhof the second day. We are skipping the canal tour and the Yusopov palace, but we are still visiting the Hermitage, Metro, Spilled Blood and St. Isaac's cathedrals, and Peter-and-Paul fortress. If you have 6 people in your party the price is $325 pp. with discounts if you have more people. You can "advertise" in your Roll Call to see if anyone else is interested in joining you.

Archived