It's almost time!!! But... luggage question

talltexan

We are all packed to leave for Seattle tomorrow morning, and so excited. I just have to get the house ready for the "Teensitter/Dogsitter". I'm sure it will be hard to sleep tonight.

Just so I don't stress about it, can someone confirm what I think I've learned from the boards here about the luggage tags?

We booked an F category guarantee, and happily received word that we had been assigned a C category midship (yay!), and NOT under anything noisy (double yay!)

Others have said when they reached the pier that they learned they had been upgraded yet again. If that's a possibility, should I put the cabin number on the luggage tag, or wait? Will the baggage porter automatically doublecheck the cabin assignment when we hand over our bags? I'm just concerned that I'll hand over the bags thinking I'm in one cabin, then find out at check-in we're in another cabin. Thanks for your help.

Alice

No, the porter won't automatically check, but there's no harm in asking the porter to check it when you hand the bags over, if it'll give you peace of mind ... or advance info of another upgrade before you get to the desk! :D

I've been checking the weather and saw the excellent forecast. Doesn't look so great for next week, but I'll be on a cruise ship so it will be good no matter what. Got my tags all ready to put on Saturday morning, w/cabin number. Any further upgrade would be to a balcony -- a slim possibility at best. I'm so pleased to be midships after booking only eight weeks prior to the cruise I really don't want anything else. Oh, okay. A suite would be nice.

Complete report later!

Alice

Archived