Ironing/Pressing/Steaming

PhilUK73

Folks - can anyone advise if I will be able to sort out my evening dress - no point in steaming it now as it will be a bundle of wrinkles when we arrive.

We are on the sea princess on Saturday.

Thanks,

k

If you send it out for pressing, make sure you give it to your cabin steward as soon as you get your suitcases and unpack. Also, be sure to tell him you need it for the next night(if that is your first formal night.)

Word to the wise if you press it yourself check the iron first. I ruined a good shirt that went with really well with one of my suits because someone previously had gone overboard with starch (or something) the face of the iron was covered with brown & black 'crud'.

Folks - can anyone advise if I will be able to sort out my evening dress - no point in steaming it now as it will be a bundle of wrinkles when we arrive.

We are on the sea princess on Saturday.

Thanks,

k

I agree, use the self serve laundry or ask "Stewart". ;)

You could also steam out the wrinkles yourself. Hang your dress on the door, turn your shower on full blast and leave it in there with the door closed and the hot steam should take the wrinkles out. Works every time for us.:D

• 4 weeks later...
You could also steam out the wrinkles yourself. Hang your dress on the door, turn your shower on full blast and leave it in there with the door closed and the hot steam should take the wrinkles out. Works every time for us.:D

good idea

I always travel with a small plastic "spritz" bottle that can be filled with tap water... not only does it keep you cool at the pool or beach, it works great for smoothing wrinkles out clothes. Just lay out items on the bed and give them a spritz, smooth with your hands and let dry for a few minutes, OR, there's always the "spritz while wearing" method, which is popular in our house! We're also big on the bathroom steam... it really works!

Archived