First Carnival cruise

CRTWO

We have been back from our first Carnival cruise almost two weeks now, and I've got to say it was GREAT!

Heard a lot about differance between Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I really could not see it. The ship, Conquest, was beautiful; the room #7279 was probably one of our best ever on any cruise line(we usually sail in junior suites and once a grand suite on RCCI), room steward, dining staff among the best ever.

Ship was well maintained, crew was efficient and friendly, food was good, we could do as much or as little as we wanted. What more could you want or expect. Seven days with no cares on a beautiful ship with people waiting on you hand and foot, priceless!!

We love sailing Royal Caribbean but would sail Carnival in a heart beat with no qualms at all.

Just thought that I would share my thoughts on this ongoing comparison between the cruise lines. I like them both!!!!!!!!!!

We are planning our first Carnival cruise for October. We have sailed Disney and RCI and loved all of our cruises and I am just as excited to try Carnival. DD has been wanting to go since seeing the commercials for "Waterworks"!!

So we are sailing the Inspiration out of Tampa...Very excited!

Michelle

We find that Carnival offers a great product. The staff are always cheerful, rooms are spacious, food and entertainment is great. This is why we have not tried any other line at this time.

If it isn't broken don't fix it. I find cruising with Carnival I know what to expect and they offer the best bang for the buck.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise

Dave

We have been back from our first Carnival cruise almost two weeks now, and I've got to say it was GREAT!

Heard a lot about differance between Carnival and Royal Caribbean, I really could not see it. The ship, Conquest, was beautiful; the room #7279 was probably one of our best ever on any cruise line(we usually sail in junior suites and once a grand suite on RCCI), room steward, dining staff among the best ever.

Ship was well maintained, crew was efficient and friendly, food was good, we could do as much or as little as we wanted. What more could you want or expect. Seven days with no cares on a beautiful ship with people waiting on you hand and foot, priceless!!

We love sailing Royal Caribbean but would sail Carnival in a heart beat with no qualms at all.

Just thought that I would share my thoughts on this ongoing comparison between the cruise lines. I like them both!!!!!!!!!!

Having been on a number of mass market lines, in spite of what the loyalists would have you believe they are all much more alike than they are different.

Salied NCL Pearl and loved it but heard that Carnival will be much better. Can't wait to do comparison!:)

Just be prepared for the fact that there is no "Freestyle Dinning" on Carnival. I think that this is the only major difference in the two lines. Carnival is my personal favorite, but I did like the Freestyle dinning experience. Do consider the supper club if availible on your ship. I had a great dinning experience on pride last summer.

CRTWO - Glad you enjoyed it. We love CCL and are having a hard time switching. I know DW wants to try RCCL but I say "if it isn't broke, then why fix it".

You should send CCL a little note saying how much you liked it over their competitors, I'm sure they would like hearing that.

So refreshing to hear comments like the OP's.....there are many choices out there to consider for cruises and I feel you should explore your options on any cruiseline at least once and see which one(s) best fit your niche' :D

Despite the ongoing issues regarding ever increasing air costs, you have the option of driving as well to various US Ports if necessary.

Bottom line: Cruising is still the BEST BANG FOR YOUR $$$ when looking for vacations regardless of what cruiseline/ship suits you !

Thanks for being so candid...

I love the Conquest. She and her crew/staff are fantastic! Welcome to the Carnival family!!!

:)

I totally agree. I have heard and read for two years how superior one line is over another. It's just not true. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are far more alike than different. I would sail either one at any time.

I totally agree. I have heard and read for two years how superior one line is over another. It's just not true. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are far more alike than different. I would sail either one at any time.

I'm sure you're exactly right. I fear that a great deal of this is perpetuated by the folks at the other line. Without doubt you've heard about cruise directors publicly referring to Carnival as 'Wal Mart of the seas' or 'K Mart of the seas' and such.

The truth is that they are both mass market cruise lines and thank God for that. I can afford to sail on Carnival three or four times a year as opposed to once a year on a line like Seabourn... I'll take three weeks or a month at sea as opposed to a week at sea regardless of how good the service is!!!

:)

our first crusie will be with Carnival were so excited !!! been reading all post's in here trying to drink it all in. I asked travel agent about formal night she said she thought there was 2 ( since this is our first cruise im looking forward to it ) any one ever been on the Triumph?? :D

Just be prepared for the fact that there is no "Freestyle Dinning" on Carnival. I think that this is the only major difference in the two lines. Carnival is my personal favorite, but I did like the Freestyle dinning experience. Do consider the supper club if availible on your ship. I had a great dinning experience on pride last summer.

Carnival is experimenting with this on the Legend starting 6/19. Anytime dining in the main dining room and you can call ahead for reservation. We'll see how it goes soon!

I'm glad i read this thread. I've been on carnival sensation and LOVED it. My wife found a 9 night eastern caribbean from Baltimore on Royal caribbean. I'd rather go carnival, but Baltimore is 45 minutes away and don't really have a good reason not to.No airfare and close to home. Grandeur of the seas. I feel like i'm "under cover" talking about royal caribbean in here.:D

our first crusie will be with Carnival were so excited !!! been reading all post's in here trying to drink it all in. I asked travel agent about formal night she said she thought there was 2 ( since this is our first cruise im looking forward to it ) any one ever been on the Triumph?? :D

I've been on the Triumph twice and like that class of ship. It's been four years though since we sailed her. There are two formal or Elegant nights as Carnival is now calling them.

Archived