Can I shave my legs & is dining room chilly?!? (Majesty)

BonnieVA

#1) Never cruised before but I imagine the shower is quite narrow. Will I be able to easily shave my legs?!?! Just preparing myself, LOL. :)

#2) I'm usually chillier than others around me. Have you found dining room on Majesty to be chilly or drafty?

THANKS!

Yes you can shave your legs but you may need to do it outside the shower, I either use the sink to prop my leg up or the waste basket. You have to get creative.

The dining rooms are usually chilly on all the few ships that I have been on so I bring a sweater or a shawl.

I can't really speak for the Majesty, but I always just use Nair or something similiar before we leave - then no shaving necessary on the cruise.;)

As for dining room temperature, I always find the dining rooms on most ships a bit chilly, so I always bring a shrug or shawl.

Enjoy your cruise!

Now if you get a suite, it has a geat big tub. Then you can do your legs there.:)

You just reminded me. :) The tubs - but what's really weird is that the showers in the suites do not have seats to sit and shave the legs. :confused: But most of the tubs have the separate spray nozzle.

Just off the dream and I had a heck of a time shaving, you have to get the bathroom completely soaked by using the toilet or the sink or something to try and shave, I one point I even just sat right down in the shower with the curtain open. Very frustrating! I was very selfconcious about my legs the whole cruise!! I will nair the next time!

Always bring a sweater or something with you just in case for the cold dining rooms, I didn't have a problem, but it's always better to have something with you just in case.

Have fun!

#1) Never cruised before but I imagine the shower is quite narrow. Will I be able to easily shave my legs?!?! Just preparing myself, LOL. :)

#2) I'm usually chillier than others around me. Have you found dining room on Majesty to be chilly or drafty?

THANKS!

I think you should go to the "Legs" port of call board for this one.lol

I think you should go to the "Legs" port of call board for this one.lol

Oops, yes, I apologize for not doing a search first!

I really do suggest you not shave your legs in the dining room :p !

Would that be only on formal nights or any night? Now that NCL has freestyle dining I'm not sure which nights would be acceptable for leg-shaving in the dining room!

Maybe you can avoid the Chill by skipping the shave! Your own personal leg warmers!

Now THAT'S an idea ... save time & hassle ... can get to breakfast a lot faster ... won't have to figure out which nights it's acceptable to shave in dining room ... I'll take that under consideration!

:D I thought this post might bring some humor to the boards! (Although my questions were totally serious.) :D

The shower we had on the Sprit (balcony cabin, don't recall the number) was large enough for two (or probably three, but we didn't try that). So, being the attentive husband, I shaved my wifes legs for her. We normally ate the evening meal in Windows, my wife, who seems to be cold all the time, never complained...

Did my legs in the shower on the Majesty...I use the Intuition, no need to lather up first with it, moisturizer and lubricator "built in" so you can zip up the legs with no problem in the shower....at least I did.:)

Our shower heads on the Dream and the Star came off, so I could have easily shaved or used a depilatory on my legs and rinsed easily (but I'm one of the 'Veet before leaving home' people). I don't know what the showers are like on the Majesty, sorry.

As far as the chill goes, I'm always the coldest person in the room, also, so I packed some sort of jacket, shrug or shawl for all of the outfits I took with me, and I ended up being warm most of the time, on both the Dream and the Star! Mind you, I'll be packing them again next year just in case!!

DW expects me to secure some sort of vessel (cleaned out wastepaper basket with liner usually works) and fill it with warm water. Her DH then gets extra towels from the cabin steward, lays them on the bed, and proceeds to apply razor to DW's wet legs...A little ingenuity and teamwork, and the legs are silky smooth...just like we like them!:D

I really do suggest you not shave your legs in the dining room :p !

man! i'm late! good post salty_dingo! somehow i just knew the questions were mutually exclusive.

but could you imagine! hehehehehe

The shower we had on the Sprit (balcony cabin, don't recall the number) was large enough for two (or probably three, but we didn't try that). So, being the attentive husband, I shaved my wifes legs for her.

DW expects me to secure some sort of vessel (cleaned out wastepaper basket with liner usually works) and fill it with warm water. Her DH then gets extra towels from the cabin steward, lays them on the bed, and proceeds to apply razor to DW's wet legs...A little ingenuity and teamwork, and the legs are silky smooth...just like we like them!:D

A round of applause for these 2 gentlemen!! :)

I don't trust my husband with a kitchen knife.. let alone a razor around MY legs.. :p

I've been on the Majesty twice, and I also shave daily because I can't sleep with the slightest bit of stubble.. So, I found that if you lather up, then turn the water off, you have all sorts of room to shave without making the bathroom flooded.

Next time, I'm going to try Nair.. haven't used it since I was 16, but sounds like it's worth a try.

I found that if you lather up, then turn the water off, you have all sorts of room to shave without making the bathroom flooded.

Next time, I'm going to try Nair.. haven't used it since I was 16, but sounds like it's worth a try.

Good advice re: turning water off. And I'm like you ... haven't used Nair since I was a teenager but I'm literally out the door right now to go get some & try it out again!

Thanks for everyone's advice & humor :) .

Marvellous thread.

Here in UK we have a great razor that comes with a lubricator built in so as long as your legs are wet once, you can shave.

Mind you, I am very fair so have very fine hairs, not sure whether it'd work if you are are darker.

Failing that, shave in the hot tubs, that way you not only get your legs smooth but get a guaranteed hot tub all to yourself :D :D :D ;) :rolleyes:

Archived