Carnival Miracle questions

bmb

Hello-

I am considering trying the Carnival Miracle out of NYC for the 8 day Eastern Carib cruise. I have cruised twice with NCL. I wanted to know if anyone has cruised Carnival Miracle and if the staterooms with balconies have mini refridges in those rooms. Also, I know that have set seating for dinner. Do they have seating for 2 only or you have to sit with a group of people? Also, how many seatings do they have? Is the latest one the best one to go with? Prices on drinks? Any other info would be totally appreciated.

Thanks!!!!:)

Hello-

I am considering trying the Carnival Miracle out of NYC for the 8 day Eastern Carib cruise. I have cruised twice with NCL. I wanted to know if anyone has cruised Carnival Miracle and if the staterooms with balconies have mini refridges in those rooms. Also, I know that have set seating for dinner. Do they have seating for 2 only or you have to sit with a group of people? Also, how many seatings do they have? Is the latest one the best one to go with? Prices on drinks? Any other info would be totally appreciated.

Hello, we just returned from the Miracle on Tuesday (this was our 3rd time on this ship all in a balcony cabin). They do have fridges in the cabin, you might have to ask to have it unlocked because it's a mini bar. They have two seatings, we took the later one at 8:15 and it was great especially when in St. Thomas, you have to be back at 6:00 I think. As soon as you board the ship, go straight to the dining room and request a table for two, we have never had a problem doing this, they always accommodated us. The fancy drinks in the souvenir cups were $7.95 I believe, the refill was only $6.95 and they are quite large and strong! The drink of the day varied between $3.95 and $4.95. Beer was quite expensive, approximately $6 per bottle or $20 for a bucket of 4. You will love the ship the crew are fantastic and there is always lots to do if you choose to or you can just relax. We are going on NCL in February, that will be our first with them. Book this cruise, you won't regret it!

Hi,

We Have Been On The Carnival Miracle In April Of 2004 And We Will Be Going Again In Sept.they Do Have Fridges In The Rooms.the Early Seating Is Around 6pm And The Late Is Around 8:15pm.they Do Have A Lot Of Tables For Two,but You Will Have To Go To The Dining Room The First Day To See If They Have You At Table For Two. If You Don't You Can Request One.you Can Not Request A Table For Two Until You Board The First Day.that Is What My Travel Agent Told Us. A Lot Of People On This Board Said It Is Very Easy To Get A Table For Two On The Miracle.if You Book The Miracle You Will Love It.

Kelly

We will be on the Miracle in 60 days. We have been on NCL 6 times and are looking forward to branching back out. We have heard such great things about the ship. We will have to adjust to the assigned dining but are looking forward to taking our kids on a different ship for a change.

ZZA6, I hate to tell you, but your travel agent is misinformed. You most definitely can request a table for two. We do it every year and have never had it declined. All they have to do is have Carnival put a note on your reservation that you request a table for two. Now mind you, not all Carnival reps even know this is possible as my latest PVP said it couldn't be done. I had her check with her supervisor, and sure enough, I knew what I was talking about! I promise, it works!:D

I would still check with the dining room as soon as you get on board, just to make sure your request was honored. If not, that's the time to get it changed.

Hello-

~

We LOVE this ship - first cruising out of NYC past the Statue of Liberty is in itself an amazing experience. It sets the tone for the whole trip for us. We did not want the mini bar, just the fridge so we asked to have the stuff removed and it was no problem.. We are not big drinkers but the drink of the day specials were always great and if you don't want the fancy plastic cup then they are only $5 (approx ) - We had early seating last year and will do late seating this year .. Book this ship you will not be disappointed

~

We LOVE this ship - first cruising out of NYC past the Statue of Liberty is in itself an amazing experience. It sets the tone for the whole trip for us. We did not want the mini bar, just the fridge so we asked to have the stuff removed and it was no problem.. We are not big drinkers but the drink of the day specials were always great and if you don't want the fancy plastic cup then they are only $5 (approx ) - We had early seating last year and will do late seating this year .. Book this ship you will not be disappointed

We had late seating on first cruise and found it to conflict a little with shows and events... any of this on miracle?

I loved the Miracle---it was my first cruise ship. Clean, well-built, pretty. The staff was wonderful. Food was great, our balcony was my favorite place to relax.

However, be sure you can handle the NYC/Jerseyites. I'm a northern Virginia girl----I was NOT prepared for the yelling, screaming, complaining, rude, semi-violent passengers. I have friends in NYC who I love dearly, so I'm not saying the whole state and all of NJ are the same---but we either had really, really bad luck in the group we happened to sail with, or NYC-area passengers aren't exactly my cup of tea. And before someone questions how I could know where they were from----accents, my friends, accents! Clearly NY/NJ born-and-raised people, with some Philly kids thrown in for good measure.

If you're from the area, obviously, you'll be OK. But, on my sailing at least, I found the ship to be filled with "the stereotypical angry NYers". I'm hoping someone else can come on and let us know the Miracle out of NYC isn't ALWAYS that bad----it's a nice close train ride for me, I'd like to keep my options open.

We've sailed the Miracle twice and never had the experience figs had with the NY/NJ people. We had people from everywhere on our cruises. If you're driving to NY then get prepared because it is very different from driving in other areas of the country. However, if you're flying then someone else will be driving and you won't have that worry. Here's a link that has lots of info on the Miracle. http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Just because the ship is in NY doesn't mean the majority of passengers are from NY/NJ.

Hello-

Both our Miracle cruises were balcony cabins - with the minifridges.

There is seating for two. Once we arrive on the ship we go straight to the dining room to confirm or request our table for two (got it both times). We prefer the late seating - long days in port a quick snack and a nap and then off to late seating. It works for us.

Drink prices - DOD about 5.95

a bucket of beer about 20.00

Hope that helps.

Payd:)

Since your a girl as you say, if I may.

Miss I have kin in VA since 05/14/1607 on two of the three ships and a latter ship up in MA which came from Holland in 1621 too.

But I am born in the Garden State, lived on 6 of the 7 continents and have cruised on some very nice ships.

A great Garden Stater who a lot here are like is a past two term , a true NJ gentleman, (R-NJ) Gov. Thomas Kean. His family is one founding family here.

The Flandarians and Dutch originally settled what is NYC now and New Jersey and built it up.

The ship Miracle is a great ship, officers, staff and crew. We are going on her God Willing in a couple of nights from now again.

On the distasteful time you had ...please forgive those which showed you lets say not the settlers but ones which gave an appearance of some rough shod citizens... forgive them for they know not what they do..

Remember its like life and love..what we all make of it....

You know in VA the Civil War started in the same Gentleman Front Yard (Bull Run) and ended in his back yard... (Appomattox Court House) and he tried in all vain to get out of the war torn area too..

So sometimes things do go as planned...

Did you see the Statue of Liberty , which is in New Jersey? Thats a gift from France..

Give the NYC/NJ area another chance as it has so many great things to offer all and you too. History abounds here... Come again and see spend time and you shall see how fine it is.

By the way it is one of the eldest parts of the earth .. yes the Amber with the Eldest Eggs , Insects etc..was from here too we even have preinite..:cool:

Oh by the way our true NJ accent sounds similar to Kings English. :cool:

I loved the Miracle---it was my first cruise ship. Clean, well-built, pretty. The staff was wonderful. Food was great, our balcony was my favorite place to relax.

However, be sure you can handle the NYC/Jerseyites. I'm a northern Virginia girl----I was NOT prepared for the yelling, screaming, complaining, rude, semi-violent passengers. I have friends in NYC who I love dearly, so I'm not saying the whole state and all of NJ are the same---but we either had really, really bad luck in the group we happened to sail with, or NYC-area passengers aren't exactly my cup of tea. And before someone questions how I could know where they were from----accents, my friends, accents! Clearly NY/NJ born-and-raised people, with some Philly kids thrown in for good measure.

If you're from the area, obviously, you'll be OK. But, on my sailing at least, I found the ship to be filled with "the stereotypical angry NYers". I'm hoping someone else can come on and let us know the Miracle out of NYC isn't ALWAYS that bad----it's a nice close train ride for me, I'd like to keep my options open.

All I can say is "WOW"! What a generalization! 2 years ago, us and another couple from laid back Vermont, cruised on the Legend out of NYC. We met 2 wonderful couples. One from Long Island and one from NJ. They have become lifelong friends, and in 3 months we cruise for the 3rd time with these 4 lovely people.

Our family sails in about 59 days on the Miracle along with 4 other families this time. Our last cruise on the Legend 2005 in July (out of NY) had to be our favorite out of 4 cruises. We are from Jersey (south), and we meet people from upstate NY, Conn., Boston, Penn., & Ohio. I'm sorry you had this experience. I do think the New York cruises do attract more of the Northeast, Just like when we sailed the Conquest out of New Orleans and there were alot of Texans on our Cruise, and that was alot of fun also! You have to realize you never know who you really are sailing with on any cruise. Just have fun and don't worry about anything. Isn't that what a vacation is all about? Happy Sailings in the future!!

Every question that could possibly be asked about the Miracle has been asked (and probably answered) in Sandi's "All Things Miracle" thread.

:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=631682&page=45

When I find these threads, I read them backwards (more recent to older) looking for current info.

There are also links in there to photos and other people's reviews.

See, I knew saying something would get hell upon my head. :)

Please guys, I said that I was NOT generalizing all of NYC and NJ. I said that I had friends there, and they were great. In fact, I ASKED for you guys to come on here and tell me that I just happened to get a bad group on my sailing. All I said was MY SAILING at ONE point in time was filled with almost-comically stereotypical New Yorkers. If my sailing can be bad, of course, any of them can, but I'm hoping it is a rare event!

This is a board that is supposed to help and inform. I had a bad experience on Miracle, caused by people with NYC-area accents, some of whom fully admitted to being locals (overheard by me). I'm NOT saying all people from the area are bad. No one needs to convince me that the area isn't filled with a bunch of jerks. Don't worry, AAAA! :p I have friends there, I love the area. My concern is with some of the locals that take advantage of the easy departure from NYC. I'm asking whether they show up on every ship, or I just was really unlucky in my sailing.

What I DO want is people to tell us they had great experiences on the Miracle outta NYC---that the people were nice, friendly, not-violent, and not-screaming-constantly at friends, family, and staff. That'll tell me that the Miracle is usually a lovely ship, and I caught a bad sailing. That's all I want. Please?

See, I knew saying something would get hell upon my head. :)

Please guys, I said that I was NOT generalizing all of NYC and NJ. I said that I had friends there, and they were great. In fact, I ASKED for you guys to come on here and tell me that I just happened to get a bad group on my sailing. All I said was MY SAILING at ONE point in time was filled with almost-comically stereotypical New Yorkers. If my sailing can be bad, of course, any of them can, but I'm hoping it is a rare event!

This is a board that is supposed to help and inform. I had a bad experience on Miracle, caused by people with NYC-area accents, some of whom fully admitted to being locals (overheard by me). I'm NOT saying all people from the area are bad. No one needs to convince me that the area isn't filled with a bunch of jerks. Don't worry, AAAA! :p I have friends there, I love the area. My concern is with some of the locals that take advantage of the easy departure from NYC. I'm asking whether they show up on every ship, or I just was really unlucky in my sailing.

What I DO want is people to tell us they had great experiences on the Miracle outta NYC---that the people were nice, friendly, not-violent, and not-screaming-constantly at friends, family, and staff. That'll tell me that the Miracle is usually a lovely ship, and I caught a bad sailing. That's all I want. Please?

I'm from NJ, born and bred. Lived in Maryland from 1983 - 86... was amazed at how nice everyone in maryland was... even said hello, to me, a stranger...

I'm sailing the Miracle in a few weeks... and I'm hoping the same folks that shop in my local grocery store are not on this trip... rude, mean, angry, self centered people... for the most part.

So figs.... in short, I hear you, and I understand you.

what excursion did everyone do and how was the food on the ship was it clean

We did this excursion in St. Thomas just last week and loved it. :D I don't take many excursions but this I'm glad I did. They drive you across the ocean passing beautiful homes of stars, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, etc., and give you a small bus ride to the beach where beautiful pictures are taken. I snorkeled about 1hr 1/2 in deeper waters and the give life jackets if needed. There were many beautiful sizes of colorful fish and corals. This excursion is worth $69 for 4hours.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=STT&excursionname=St.+John+Trunk+Bay+Beach+%26+Snorkel&excursioncode=434016

If you have other questions I'd be glad to help. This was my 3rd time on Miracle and is about my favorite ship of the 30 Carnival I've sailed. It's beautiful and very clean. I loved the dining room with a ceiling full of purple grapes. The food was really good and you have many things to try. I loved the deli on Lido and cappucino pie and taramisu for dessert. You'll love your cruise and I wish I was going again.:)

Cassandra

Archived