Ok, dumb question..when's French Night?

mbe30

I want to make reservations for the Sterling Steakhouse for French night in the dining room. I've heard that reservations are best made as soon as possible, so if anyone knows, I'd really appreciate it. Also, any thoughts on the "always available" menu? I've heard that the steak is to be avoided.

The shrimp cocktail, ceaser salad and fettucini alfraedo are all very good (all on the always available menu).

I agree about the steak. A friend had Princess put the grilled chicken (also on the menu) on their ceasar salad and enjoyed that as a grilled chicken ceasar salad.

This summer on the Dawn Princess - we had the French menu but it was titled "Continental Dinner" as opposed to "French Dinner". Our waiter told us they changed the name of the menu (but left all the items the same) for political reasons.

Like everything else, it varies. Sometimes the always available steak is pretty good. It really depends on the galley staff. The timing of the French aka Continental menu changes from itinerary to itinerary. Some of my favorite items are on that menu.

Archived