If you've sailed HAL to Alaska this season . . .

I'm curious . . . I understand HAL has a new program in Alaska where they bring on indigenous speakers from tribes in Alaska to talk about the culture and the background of the ports . . . more than just where to buy diamonds . . . and I'm curious what you thought of it if you've sailed HAL to Alaska this season. Thanks!

Regards, Richard

http://www.hollandamerica.com/news/NewsRelease.action?newsReleaseId=554

This is true ... at least for Glacier Bay. They board about the same time as the park rangers.

One of them makes a presentation in the main showroom to explain their culture. Quite informative.

They then "hang out" inside and outside the Crows Nest and answer any questions folks may have.

This is true ... at least for Glacier Bay. They board about the same time as the park rangers.

One of them makes a presentation in the main showroom to explain their culture. Quite informative.

They then "hang out" inside and outside the Crows Nest and answer any questions folks may have.

I was on the Westerdam June 1-8 and we had the Park Ranger and Native Alaskan give a presentation in the showroom both were very informative. I didn't hang out in the crow's nest as people get there first thing in the morning to take all the good seats. I went outside and I think that was better. I also loved the pea soup. We spent a lot of time on our verandah.

On the Westerday (May 25 sailing) we had both the rangers and native American speakers.

They spoke in the midst of Glacier Bay, so I'm not sure how well attended the sessions were - I for one was definitely not there.

Archived