Book Airfare now IAH-SJU December 08???

txwildflower2002

Any chance the price will go down? When I booked the cruise ( a yr ago)it was going to cost about 350 pp, now it is 488pp. I didn't book airfare as I wasn't sure if the timing was going to work on this cruise. There is a website that offers price drop vouchers if the price goes down. What do ya'll think?

Any chance the price will go down? When I booked the cruise ( a yr ago)it was going to cost about 350 pp, now it is 488pp. I didn't book airfare as I wasn't sure if the timing was going to work on this cruise. There is a website that offers price drop vouchers if the price goes down. What do ya'll think?

General consensus is that prices are working their way up, sometimes rapidly.

How good are you at picking stock prices?

As for the price drop vouchers, do a search in this forum and you will see that there are many conditions to be met, and change fees that come into play.

I'm flying ORF to MBJ this December and have watched the prices skyrocket from around $550 pp to over $700 with HORRIBLE connections and multiple layovers.... Thankfully I was able to use FF miles for my trip, but I would agree with FlyerTalker...definitely book now (remember when we were complaining about $3.00 a gallon gas prices?:eek: )

I would book it now....especially if you're flying in the month of December!

Funny, we were talking about this the other day at home and my father said "look at how cheap it is to fly, people always complain that it is too expensive. What would you consider a fair price to fly? 10 cents a mile?". Seeing as how I don't often look at how many miles we're flying, I said "yes, that sounds fair". Then we did some quick calculations....LOL, many flights are still less than 10 cents per mile!

I would book it now....especially if you're flying in the month of December!

Funny, we were talking about this the other day at home and my father said "look at how cheap it is to fly, people always complain that it is too expensive. What would you consider a fair price to fly? 10 cents a mile?". Seeing as how I don't often look at how many miles we're flying, I said "yes, that sounds fair". Then we did some quick calculations....LOL, many flights are still less than 10 cents per mile!

Good point! In California it costs about 55 cents per mile to drive a midsize car. That takes gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. into account. It doesn't take into account motels, meals, and the time required to drive vs. fly.

Got that done! Accually we are paying about 200us more than I checked when we booked the cruise. I wasn't sure to cancel the cruise or pay the higher airfare! We did get a great rate for this cruise and it is our 20th anniversary. Plus, we might not get to cruise as often with the prices of everything. DH said book it!

Good point! In California it costs about 55 cents per mile to drive a midsize car. That takes gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. into account. It doesn't take into account motels, meals, and the time required to drive vs. fly.

I know, isn't it awful! We moved to NM about 1 1/2 years ago from Southern CA. While gas is still cheaper out here, paychecks are much smaller! Airfare seems like a bargain if you calculate at 10 cents a mile!

Wildflower, you have a wonderful cruise! :)

Archived