NCL from Houston. Which airport?

Zimomiller

Hobby is closer,but ncl only offers transfers from Bush. Heard a taxi cost any where from $70 to $100 from Bush airport,while transfers are $20.00 each way. Hobby to the port I was told a $50 ride in a taxi.We are renting a car

from Enterprise at bush and turning it in at Seaport Tx.The cost is $50thats including tax, a day with NO DROP OFF FEES. We are going 2 days before the cruise so car rental was the only way to go for us. Hope this info was useful.

If you want the # to enterprise it 281-474-4466 tell them you are taking a ncl cruise and the will not charge a drop off fee.

We were on the Sea in May. It worked out cheaper to fly into Hobby & pay the cab fare ($40 plus tip I think).

When we got to the ship we found that NCL had a bus available for the return trip that would be less expensive than the cab. You sign up for that at the excursions desk. It does require a minimum number before they will hire the bus.

For our trip it still would have saved us to use the cab both ways and pay less in airfare than to go into Bush and use the NCL transfers.

My husband's family is all in the Houston area, so we're down there a LOT. So I'll share my personal opinion that Bush/Intercontinental [iAH] is the pits. It's old, outdated, WAY on the other side of the universe from the port, continually under construction, etc. Not that you asked, but I thought I'd share anyway. If I had a choice, I would never go through IAH.

Having said that, the great irony is that I'm sure we're going to have to fly into IAH for our November cruise onaccounta there are very few carriers that fly into Hobby directly, and there are NONE that fly directly from Denver (our "home base"). Usually you have to stop in either Dallas or somewhere first. :p

One little-known fact, though, is that Continental actually has a few flights that go into Ellington Field (an Air National Guard base south of Houston), which isn't as close to the port as Hobby, but would still be better than Bush if you have to pick. In my opinion, anyway. ;)

I believe the transfer from IAH is $40 each way not $20. It is $20 to Hobby from the port through NCL but they don't offer it from Hobby. We found a taxi company that uses minivans so we got 2 which held 11 people and all of our luggage. The cost was about $45 plus tip per cab each way. This amounted to $90 each way for 11 people which was the best deal I could find. I checked many transport and shuttle services and a cab came out better if you can believe that! By the way, we flew into Hobby on AA and yes we did have to transfer at DFW but that was no big deal to us.

Archived