Security And Check-in

bandmom08

We are leaving on the Fantasy, Thursday. We usually put all of our medicines in a carry-on bag with other toiletries. When you go through security, do they go through your bag or do they just run it under the scanner. I don't want to hold up the line. If they are going to look through it, I will put my non medicines in the check in suitcase. We haven't sailed since 2004, so were are a little rusty. Are you allowed to bring hair spray?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes you can take hairspray.

In May my DS (15) carryon got hand checked in Miami. He had a large bottle of cologne in the top part of his bag and the scanner person stopped the conveyor belt and they removed the bag and asked who's bag is this. I said my son's he took the bag and myself over to a table and unzipped it and took the bottle out and asked if it had alcohol in it? :eek: I said no it's cologne he smelled it and then said o.k. and walked away :D: It didn't really slow anything down for other passengers, it only took a couple of minutes away from us.

Is there a separate security check in at the pier for VIP passenger ( those in Cat 11 and 12 suites)? I know there is a separate check-in desk and was wondering if I am going to be stuck in that traditional one big security line before I get to the check-in desk?

We are leaving on the Fantasy, Thursday. We usually put all of our medicines in a carry-on bag with other toiletries. When you go through security, do they go through your bag or do they just run it under the scanner. I don't want to hold up the line. If they are going to look through it, I will put my non medicines in the check in suitcase. We haven't sailed since 2004, so were are a little rusty. Are you allowed to bring hair spray?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

You can put it all in your carry on. It is similar to the airport but without a lot of the limitations. They are looking for alcohol and weapons. You should be fine.

Is there a separate security check in at the pier for VIP passenger ( those in Cat 11 and 12 suites)? I know there is a separate check-in desk and was wondering if I am going to be stuck in that traditional one big security line before I get to the check-in desk?

In Galveston, Miami and Orlando there is a separate scanner before you get to the VIP area to check-in, and all three have a separate VIP lounge. I haven't sail domestically from any other ports in a while.

I was surprised at the lack of security when we left Galveston. We sailed through security and check-in in less than 30 minutes. Also my dad forgot to put his pocket knife in his luggage and when we got to the scanner he was expecting to have to leave it, but he told them the forgot to put it in his luggage. They said no big deal and let him go on in with it. I was surprised and then I thought, they do give you steak knives don't they.:)

Archived