Conquest Supper Club - Is it Worth it?

rcarrosq

I have gone back and forth on this issue, but I think I've finally decided that with all the wonderful, FREE food in the regular dining rooms each night, that $120 could be best put to use elsewhere. This is only my opinion, of course, but I can't see paying extra for "caviar" when I can have "lobster" for free... :)

I'm with you. I know many people seem to enjoy the specialty restaurants onboard but with the great food and dining choices available on most ships, I can't justify the cost.

I am fortunate to live in an area where there are hundreds of fine dining restaurants and can go anytime I want. Some people aren't that lucky, I guess.

The prices seem right, however. But, like you, I'd rather spend those $$$ doing something else besides eating.... Caribbean Stud card table, fer instance...:p Or, a lovely bottle of great vintage wine to enjoy in the dining room.

To each his/her own....

My group ate at The Point twice during our 7 night cruise....It was well worth it and we really enjoyed it. Even thought about doing it a third night, but decided we'd just eat in the dining room. There were 4 out of our group of 12 that did not eat in the Supper Club at all. Even after we told them how fantastic it was, it just wasn't worth it to them they said "when they could eat the food in the dining room they already paid for." They do not know what they were missing. Although the food in the dining room is good, it does not compare to the Supper Club. It's like comparing Outback Steakhouse to Ruth's Chris....Both are good, One is much better.

the lobster you get for free is nothing like the one you pay for.

Actually pay for the ambiance. the quiet. if wanting a quiet romantic evening the supper club is worth the $$

but that cavier== will cost many $$ on top of the 30. fee

so when you are sailing the Conquest you wont be making reservations? I see your past sailings didnt have a supper club there.

I got a very nice dab of caviar on my salmon mousse on a toast point... compliments of the chef... DELICIOUS!!!

:D

But, you're correct... the caviar is an extra $45...

Completely worth it. Easily the one of the best $30 meals you will ever buy. You would pay well over $85-100pp for this meal on land. It is an absolute must do if you are on a ship with a supper club. Have had good experiences on other lines' alternative restaurants (Chops on RCI; Sabatini's on Princess), but the Supper Club has been the best by far in my experience.

One note though concerning large groups in the Supper Club. We have twice had groups of 14+ in the supper club. They split the group up with different waiters due to the size of the party. Everyone in the party doesn't receive their meals at exactly the same time due to the fact that they do not usually cook that many steaks or whatever at the same time, so expect a very leisurely paced meal -- even moreso if your whole group will be dining together in the supper club.

Both times (Valor and Legend) they located our group a bit off in a corner, or behind a partition so that the conversation of 14-18 people wouldn't lessen the ambiance in the place. You do get to pick out your table location when you get on board, but when I went up to reserve a group that size, they asked that I choose from a more limited area, which was completely understandable.

Archived