Conquest Supper Club - Is it Worth it?

rcarrosq

A large group of us is going on the Conquest in Dec, leaving out of Galveston. This will be our 11th cruise and we've never gone to the supper club. Its our 40th wedding anniversary and I was thinking it might be nice but was wondering if its worth the extra cost.

Anybody have any info on the supper club experience? Thanks in advance

I have not been to the Supper Club but there are many, many who have and rave about it. My husband and I are booked for September 7 out of Galveston on the Conquest and already made our reservations. I don't know which thread it was but there is a thread showing the menu. It is amazing. I would highly suggest it for a special event like your 40th anniversary. Even though I haven't gone, I can't wait.

Could someone please post the menu for the Supper Club.

All of Carnival's Supper Clubs have the same menu. I haven't been to the one on the Conquest, but have been to the supper clubs on the Spirit, Pride, Liberty and Miracle.

The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. It's worth the extra $$. They have live music and a dance floor in all the supper clubs. It's a nice experience and a delicious, leisurely dinner.

A large group of us is going on the Conquest in Dec, leaving out of Galveston. This will be our 11th cruise and we've never gone to the supper club. Its our 40th wedding anniversary and I was thinking it might be nice but was wondering if its worth the extra cost.

Anybody have any info on the supper club experience? Thanks in advance

Why not celebrate that 40th in luxury and style.... that will be the least expensive and probably most enjoyable anniversary dinner you will ever experience followed by a romantic walk under the stars while at sea......PRICELESS !!! :D

Happy 40th anniversary !

I know that we could never, ever have a meal like that with all the ambiance etc for only $30. bucks pp.

your cruise is in Dec.. each month buy 1 funship dollar for $25.00 --by sept your supper club meal celebating your special occasion will be paid for.

After having a great dining experience and great night out at Harry's, I wouldn't book a cruise on a Carnival ship without a supper club. I think the live music and dancing adds a great touch that you don't get at the great US steakhouses and the food is just as good. I had a great porterhouse. My wife loved the surf & turf (petite fillet & lobster tail). I wish I had gone twice my last cruise.

Hey guys, thanks for the info! Just one more question.....do we have to wait till we get onboard to book our reservation or can our carnival vacation planner do it for us? Oh yeah.....one more thing....do people bring their young children? My son & his wife are going with us and they have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I'm personally hoping they avail themselves to the babysitting services on that night:D

In my opinion, it's a must do. The food and the service are fantastic, easily the equal of Ruth's Chris or Morton's...

You can download the menu here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/cruisecritter/

I love the fact that all the hosts pay such close attention to the threads. Thanks for providing the menu so quickly. GREAT JOB ALL YOU CRUISE CRITIC HOSTS!!!!

I have gone back and forth on this issue, but I think I've finally decided that with all the wonderful, FREE food in the regular dining rooms each night, that $120 could be best put to use elsewhere. This is only my opinion, of course, but I can't see paying extra for "caviar" when I can have "lobster" for free... :)

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?aid=982238741&o=1&n=28

Just check to make certain the reservation is complete when you get on the ship, and by all means take the kiddies to Camp Carnival for a little babaysitting so the adults can enjoy a little adult time alone !

Expect some updates to the reservations web site in the next week or two!!!

:)

I have gone back and forth on this issue, but I think I've finally decided that with all the wonderful, FREE food in the regular dining rooms each night, that $120 could be best put to use elsewhere. This is only my opinion, of course, but I can't see paying extra for "caviar" when I can have "lobster" for free... :)

the lobster you get for free is nothing like the one you pay for.

Actually pay for the ambiance. the quiet. if wanting a quiet romantic evening the supper club is worth the $$

but that cavier== will cost many $$ on top of the 30. fee

so when you are sailing the Conquest you wont be making reservations? I see your past sailings didnt have a supper club there.

We ate at the supper club on the Conquest last year, and it is well worth the money. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on that cruise and were looking for a nice romantic dinner. The food and service will not disappoint. We are sailing the Conquest over Labor Day this year, but probably won’t spend the $60 for the two of us this time. Not because it’s not worth it….(it certainly is well worth it), but because we could put that money toward our bar bill instead. Enjoy it….and congratulation on 40 years!

the lobster you get for free is nothing like the one you pay for.

Actually pay for the ambiance. the quiet. if wanting a quiet romantic evening the supper club is worth the $$

but that cavier== will cost many $$ on top of the 30. fee

so when you are sailing the Conquest you wont be making reservations? I see your past sailings didnt have a supper club there.

The carviar and lobster I referred to was really meant to be a metaphor ( I think that's the right word :p ), like why pay for the name brand when the generic is just as good? And I do agree, for something like a 40 year anniversary, if the atmosphere is that much nicer than the reguar dining rooms, I would probably splurge. For us, since we will have our 16 year old son with us, it wouldn't be that romantic evening anyway, so it's not worth it to me.

And btw, to the OP, congratulations on 40 years!

We were undecided as to whether or not we wanted to spend the extra money when we were on the Legend last fall. On one of our sea days the Golden Fleece opened for a wine/food pairing event - $15 per person. We did decide to go to that, and booked a reservation for dinner on our way out. It was WONDERFUL! It took us about 2 hours, but everything from the drinks, to the appetizers, to the duo playing music, to the service, to the food was outstanding. We were on the Destiny in April, and were disappointed to discover that they didn't have a specialty restaurant, but we are looking forward to our Legend cruise this fall so we can repeat the experience! I say go, and enjoy being pampered on your anniversary!

Silc

PS - I think it would be a wonderful idea if your son and daughter-in-law used the babysitting service through Camp Carnival that night. While I wouldn't be surprised that children join their parents for dinner there, it's not really a kid friendly atmosphere...

In my mind, the Supper Club dinner costs more than $30pp since we would be discarding the regular dinner we could have in the dining room which is already paid for. This regular dinner has value, probably in the $20pp to $30pp range in itself.

I don't go to the supper clubs on lobster night. I check in advance for a typically poor menu night.

In any case, here's the way I look at it. If someone gave me the choice between a free night at Outback Steakhouse or $60 per couple at Ruths Chris, I would take Ruths Chris. I wouldn't do it all of the time. But this is the equivalent of fine dining versus banquet food. Free food is everywhere on your cruise. But fine dining is only available in the supper clubs. Some don't care and that's fine. If everyone booked the supper clubs, the lines would be too long and they'd raise the prices. :eek:

I view the supper clubs as more of an experience. My wife loved the atmosphere with live music from the duet and the floor for dancing. We eat in the dining room with our kids with the exception of supper club night when they eat with Camp Carnival.

Serene, have you been in the supper clubs on Princess? Can I assume they don't have the music and dancing?

We went on the Conquest last year and REALLY enjoyed The Point! It was by far one of the best dinner experiences we have had, land or sea. Excellent service... they go out of their way to be right there if you want anything. Incredible desserts and beef. We told our waiter to tell the chef he/she did an outstanding job. Couldn't believe the chef sent out some sample desserts not on the menu. Incredible! We are going again this year.

Not only is it worth it but my frugal spouse (our children call him cheap but frugal sounds so much nicer) says we'll eat there at least once each cruise.

I was told the charge was for gratuity for the wait staff but we were gave a separate one after the meal.

Archived