Suite Aminity Package

Jellyjelly

spc14cs gal: Thanks so much for the info. The note from HAL you copied says Pinnacle Grill Dinner for 1. I am assuming thought that this means 1 dinner per cruise per couple. And the Coffe Card 10 means 10 punches per person on the Coffe Card.

Sure wish I was in Ontario right now. It's getting hot here in Texas!!!!!!!

We're actually having a couple days of cool weather up here right now so this would have been a great time for a visit. :)

Regarding the Pinnacle dinner, I am sailing solo so maybe that's what they meant by dinner for 1 but it might mean one dinner per couple as well. I am hoping that the $399 is not what I am charged though...wonder if HAL will just cut the price in half since I am traveling alone. :confused:

What is the value of the two bottles of wine and liquer? I assume it can be brought to the dining room?

No idea and since I won't be drinking them both myself, I sure hope I can bring them to the diningroom. On my last cruise I had a bottle of wine waiting in my suite when I boarded...a gift from the HM and Captain...and was told that if I wanted to use it in the diningroom that I would have to "declare" it as a gift.

On my last cruise I had a bottle of wine waiting in my suite when I boarded...a gift from the HM and Captain...and was told that if I wanted to use it in the diningroom that I would have to "declare" it as a gift.

Where you in a Suite? I have seen others mention a gift from the HM and Captain (vs a gift from their TA).

We know the 7 night cruise package (or is it 7-10 nights?) is $399.00 for 2 persons.

Here are the values I can figure out:

Suite Amenities Package

(for all suites, excluding deluxe verandah suites) includes:

Complimentary Laundry and Pressing

Holland America Line bathrobe with monogram of choice - $100.00 value ($49.95 each on-board, note this is listed as $69.00/each on the on-line web site)

In-Stateroom High Tea or Daily Canapes

DVD Selection

Fresh Flowers - $29.00 value (price of Bon Voyage Bouguet)

Special VIP Debarkation Procedures

Special VIP Debarkation Lounge

Pillows A La Carte Menu

Initial Stateroom Beverage Setup- $43.70 value for the two wines ($21.85/each), Liquer?

Explorations Café Coffee Card - $58.00 value ($29.00/each), or Cola Card substitution $41.40 value ($20.70/each)

Pinnacle Grill Dinner - $40.00 value ($20.00 each)

We just need to know the cost for unlimited laundry (Is 7 nights the same as 10 nights?), the value of the Beverage set-up, the wines are $21.85 on-line, so the value of the two wines would be $43.70), cost to rent each DVD?

You can not put a monetary value on the daily in-room High Tea or Canapes, but I would definatly skip this on the two days they have Dutch Tea (and sometimes Indonesian) in the Dining room, usually at 3:00pm, or the value of VIP disembarkation in the Pinnacle Grille (we always wait in our cabin since HAL allows this). I always ask for a feather pillow, so I believe you can make a request without being in a Suite.

This package might be nice for a one time cruise. After that, HAL should consider altering the package because once you get your bathrobes, you will not need another one.

Where you in a Suite? I have seen others mention a gift from the HM and Captain (vs a gift from their TA).

Yes, my cousin and I were in a SC suite last March. However I was in a regular oceanview room on the Noordam last summer and I still received a bottle of wine from the HM and Captain. Not sure why though.

I'm not sure what it costs to rent a DVD onboard. I didn't cost me anything when I rented one on the Noordam.

Do you really think 500 people would buy these packages?

Do you really think 200 people on a given cruise will buy these packages?

I don't.

I think that most people booking/cruising these days are keeping the cost as low as they can.

I don't think 100 people could find the package on HAL's web site. ;)

I don't think 100 people could find the package on HAL's web site. ;)

HAL could always start promoting it, though ... and thus more people may buy into it. After all, it is not all that expensive.

Like I said, the only things that concern me are those items that could become a problem to properly deliver if HAL become overwhelmed with people taking this package ... such as priority disembarkation, etc.

But hopefully greater minds than mine at HAL have already considered this possibility and worked out a solution to it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We know the 7 night cruise package (or is it 7-10 nights?) is $399.00 for 2 persons.

Suite Amenities Package

Complimentary Laundry and Pressing - $130.00 for a 10 night cruise ($70.00 laundery and $30.00pp pressing)

Holland America Line bathrobe with monogram of choice - $100.00 value ($49.95 each on-board, note this is listed as $69.00/each on the on-line web site)

DVD Selection

Pillows A La Carte Menu

Initial Stateroom Beverage Setup- $43.70 value for the two wines ($21.85/each), Liquer?

Explorations Café Coffee Card - $58.00 value ($29.00/each), or Cola Card substitution $41.40 value ($20.70/each)

Does anyone know what liquer, or value you get for the 2 bottles of liquer with the Suites Amenity Package? I e-mailed but have not heard back.

Also, what is the cost of the DVD rentals? Thanks.

Suites do not pay extra for DVD rentals. We sign them out at no additional cost.

But if you're not in a suite, I think they're $2 or $3. (this is based on my admittedly faulty memory of the Maasdam in Oct. 2006, and what somebody posted earlier--I think in this thread?)

But if you're not in a suite, I think they're $2 or $3. (this is based on my admittedly faulty memory of the Maasdam in Oct. 2006, and what somebody posted earlier--I think in this thread?)

Thank you. I am just trying to figure out the value of the package. Now if I can find the value of the 2 bottles of liquer?

Suite Amenities Package

Complimentary Laundry and Pressing - $130.00 (10 nights, $70.00 plus $30.00pp for pressing)

DVD Selection - $3.00? ($6.00 value if use 2)

Pillows A La Carte Menu

Initial Stateroom Beverage Setup- $43.70 value for the two wines ($21.85/each), Liquer? ($100.00 est value for the 4?)

Explorations Café Coffee Card - $60.00 value ($29.90/each), or Cola Card substitution $41.40 value ($20.70/each)

Does anyone know what liquer, or value you get for the 2 bottles of liquer with the Suites Amenity Package? I e-mailed but have not heard back.

Also, what is the cost of the DVD rentals? Thanks.

They will let you choose your liquor from a list and in the suites there is no charge for DVD's.

Wendy:)

They will let you choose your liquor from a list and in the suites there is no charge for DVD's.

Wendy:)

Yes, but what we're trying to do is figure out the cost of the Suites Amenities package if you order each item individually--so we have to have a value for the liquor and the dvd rentals--for those who DO have to pay for them;)

Yes, but what we're trying to do is figure out the cost of the Suites Amenities package if you order each item individually--so we have to have a value for the liquor and the dvd rentals--for those who DO have to pay for them;)

The title of this thread IS "Suite Amenity Package" so it is not inappropriate to mention Suite Amenities. IMO

I know it is 2 Pinnacle Grille dinners for the cabin, but..

is it 1 Coffee punch card or 2 Coffee punch cards for the cabin?

Suites do not pay extra for DVD rentals. We sign them out at no additional cost.

The question was what is the cost to rent DVD's as the Suite Amenity Package is for those not in a Suite. Most of the items in the package can be bought individually. The exceptions include the High Tea or Canapes in the room, last morning Pinnacle Grille breakfast and ability to leave luggage out in the morning for disembarkation. Everything else has a value and can be purchased.

Archived