We got a room! And now we have a question!

lovebug33

Should be fine, unless it's one of the 1st 2 cabins in the front. There, you'll probably be awakened by the sound of an anchor each morning. We were on one of our cruises. :eek: But, if you are an early riser, it shouldn't be a problem.

IMO a cabin on a ship is a good thing. Alas, I am fussy and finicky, I needs me a balcony. I had a suite on the Conquest, and it was sweet!!!!!!

A bow cabin might have a bit of pitch (up/down motion), but it might not be too bad.

Happy sailing..

We were on the Conquest in October, and we were on that same floor. We were towards the middle of the ship. The seas were very rough our entire cruise (did not keep us from having fun at all). We could feel alot of movement but not to bad. We had friends on the 8 th floor near the back that said it was really bad. We had 10 foot swells on one day. We loved the ease of getting to most places (dining and entertainment) using the stairs instead of waiting on the elevator (its just a floor or two up). Regardless you will have a great time.

how soon do you sail. your cabin is as far to the front of the ship as you can get. we booked an ov guarantee for 8/17 and haven't gotten an assignment yet. from reading stuff on the boards they say that you don't want to see an assignment until you get to the pier. i guess there is more chance for an upgrade. who knows, as long as i'm on a ship it's all good.

hkmom

This is only my opinion....

First, you signed up for a guaranteed room - so any room is a good room.

But your assignment, 2203, in my opinion, is not a very good one. It is the very first cabin towards the front of the ship on the second deck. There will be more movement in the front, as well as possible vibrations from the anchors.

It is also furthest from the lido deck activities, buffet, pool etc.

But please do not get discouraged! You are taking a cruise! Cabins do not matter when you are doing everything on the other decks.. so enjoy!

Cat

If you actually had a 4A guarantee, you might be wishing you picked a cabin. If you had a IS guarantee which is cheaper than a 4A guarantee and saved some money, then whatever you got was a savings.

Not the best cabin as has been said. Iv gotten a bad cabin myself from a guarantee. You probably are going to hear the anchor when it goes down.

The problem was, there wasn't anything left on the inside but guarantees. But, hey, we got a room! I was just wondering about our room. There wasn't anything else we could do without shelling out a whole lot more money! I'm just glad we can go.

Go and enjoy. We will be booking some of those 1As down the hall from you in the future probably. How can you go wrong?? Its a cruise.

I told my friend in 2216 she will hear the anchor and she was like huh?? boy are people fussy to care about stuff like that.

Archived