Legend June 8th, Absolutely Amazing!

mom2girls

Unfortunately, our time at the park had to end. We boarded the now air conditioned bus :) to head back to the port area. The bus ride back was much better, and seemed to be quicker. Once we got to the port area we shopped around for a couple of T-shirts, then headed to the tender.

Legend_Belize_6_12_20086.jpg

View of the ship from tender.

Legend_Belize_6_12_20085.jpg

We boarded the ship about 20 minutes before the last tender. Once we set sail, we were able to see many of the barrier islands that are around Belize.

From_legend_misc_6_13_20088.jpg

(I wouldn't want to be on this island during a hurricane!)

From_legend_misc_6_13_20089.jpg

We saw this sailboar from our balcony.

What a great review! I feel like I'm right there with you and the pictures make it all the better. The horses looked a little skinny so I'm not surprised that Geronimo wanted to eat all time. He was probably happy to find some green grass. Can't wait to read more - on to Roatan.

Awesome, Mom! Again, I love your pictures! That park really looks awesome. That just may be my excursion if I ever get to cruise to Belize again. How cool you saw a sailboat by that island!

Thank you!

Wonderful review. Thank you for sharing.
I'm glad you like it! :)

Beautiful pictures!
Thank you!

What a great review! I feel like I'm right there with you and the pictures make it all the better. The horses looked a little skinny so I'm not surprised that Geronimo wanted to eat all time. He was probably happy to find some green grass. Can't wait to read more - on to Roatan.

I'm glad you are enjoying the review. I'm trying to make it seem as though you are there. That's why I'm adding so many pictures. Actually, Geronimo was probably the biggest of all of the horses there. I'm thinking he eats every time they go on a tour! ;)

Awesome, Mom! Again, I love your pictures! That park really looks awesome. That just may be my excursion if I ever get to cruise to Belize again. How cool you saw a sailboat by that island!

Thank you!

Thanks again! I really enjoyed the Belize excursion. I have been lucky to have enjoyed all 3 of the Belize excursions I have done. Yes, I thought it was awesome to see that sailboat. I just imagined the people on it. They must have been having a wonderful time.

Do you happen to know who is at the piano bar? We loved that spot the last time we were on the Legend!
No, I'm sorry. But, the piano bar was one of the places we didn't get to.

When we went to dinner that night our tablemates and waiters told us that they missed us. They knew that we had gone to the supper club. They assumed correctly that we had had too much fun in Cozumel, and that’s why we didn’t make it last night. Tonight was the big bathrobe party up on Lido deck. But, before that there was bingo. If you wore you bathrobe to bingo you were able to purchase 3 cards for $10 instead of the normal $20. After bingo there was a comedy show with Allyn Ball. I have to say that he is absolutely hilarious. If you don’t mind getting picked on sit in the front row! I made a mental note to make sure to go to the midnight show tomorrow night since he would be performing there as well. After the comedy show we went up to the party on the Lido deck. It was definitely a lot of fun. Even our cruise director Shawn was dressed in her bathrobe. Tonight was also the late night Mexican buffet. I only had one taco as I was still stuffed from dinner. After a couple of more dances we decided to retire for the night. I was really looking forward to Roatan tomorrow, as that was the only port I had not been to.

Legend_bingo_6_12_2008.jpg

Russ_Legend_with_freddy_6_2008.jpg

Russ with Funship Freddy

Russ_on_legend_cruise_6_20081.jpg

Russ with our cruise director Shawn

Legend_funship_freddy_6_13_20082-1.jpg

Bathrobe Party on the Lido Deck

Legend_stateroom_misc_6_13_2008.jpg

Day 6: Roatan

We woke up bright and early again! I went out on the balcony, and could tell that this morning’s sunrise was going to be amazing. So, we went up to the Lido deck to make sure that we got the best pictures we could. I have to say that sunrise was stunning!

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_20082.jpg

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_20085.jpg

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_200812.jpg

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_200813.jpg

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_2008.jpg

Sunrise_From_ship_6_13_200818.jpg

After the sunrise we went to grab a quick breakfast. Then we hung out on our balcony to watch as we approached Roatan.

Rotan_misc_6_13_200894.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200895.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200891.jpg

As soon as we could we exited the ship so we could begin our explorations of Roatan. We got to Victor Bodden’s booth. He was very kind, and quickly introduced us to our guide for the day, Lionel. Our day was to consist of a tour around the island, an visit to the iguana farm, a visit to Victor’s house to see his monkeys and other animals, and the beach. Well, shortly after we got in Lionel’s car we noticed a strange smell. He pulled over and realized that he had some paint thinner in the back that had tipped over. I could tell he was worried about it. So, I told him it was ok. The smell really wasn’t that bad. We continued on our tour of the island. Lionel pointed out the governor’s mansion, which was very beautiful. He also pointed out Julio Iglesias’ mansion. Wow! Lionel told us that he comes to the island for about 2 hours and then leaves. (Must be nice! I know I would stay for much longer than 2 hours if given the chance.) Lionel pointed several areas of construction. There are many condos being built. Unfortunately, this island will be filled with many tourists very soon. Lionel even took us to his house because he wanted to drop off the paint thinner. Most people in Roatan live very near to their families. Their houses are very small. But, when one child gets married they end up building another small house on their property so that they can live close to each other. It’s interesting to me, since I have 3 sisters living in 3 other states. I would love to have all of my family nearby. (I’m going to have to continue to push for the family reunion on a cruise.) Anyway, since Lionel was so distracted by the paint thinner we missed the Iguana Farm. I told him that’s ok. At least I got to see an Iguana yesterday.

Rotan_misc_6_13_200826.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200829.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200832.jpg

More pictures of Roatan:

Rotan_misc_6_13_200823.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200834.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200870.jpg

This is the governor's mansion.

Rotan_misc_6_13_200873.jpg

Rotan_misc_6_13_200878.jpg

The last 2 pictures were of shipwrecks that Lionel had taken us to see. The first shipwreck is guarded now because people were stealing parts of the ship in order to sell or use for themselves.

We went to Victor’s house. He has several animals there. He has an anteater, a deer, a raccoon, some parrots, several monkeys, and probably some other animals that I forgot to mention. We were able to hold 2 monkeys who were brothers. They were just over a year old, but they clung to each other. They were absolutely adorable. I wish I could visit them again. After the 2 monkeys we were able to hold a 3 month old gorilla. Awwww, this gorilla was just a little angel. I loved holding him. We then went to see the bigger monkeys. I got a little too close, and one of them grabbed my hair. (He was actually trying to get my sunglasses but missed.) I made sure to stand further back from them after that.

Rotan_Victors_6_13_20083.jpg

Victor's house

Rotan_Victors_6_13_20084.jpg

Fruit from a cashew tree. Cashew wine is very popular here.

Rotan_Victors_6_13_200811.jpg

Lemur

Rotan_Victors_6_13_200826.jpg

Legend_Kelli_Ann_6_200820.jpg

Legend_Kelli_Ann_6_20081.jpg

I absolutely love your Roatan pictures! Thank you!!!

WOW what amazing sunrise pics! Beautiful!

We really enjoyed taking the pictures. Now, that I look back I am glad that we took so many. It feels as though I'm back again when I look at the pictures!

Roatan continued:

After Victor’s house Lionel took us to BananaRama Beach. Lionel told us that this is pretty much the same beach that the Carnival excursion goes to, just a little further down. Wow, I couldn’t believe how crystal clear the water was. It was absolutely beautiful. We paid for 2 loungers, and proceeded to relax. We were asked quite frequently if we wanted to purchase anything (necklaces, bracelets, watches, massages). This wasn’t too bothersome, but it did make me feel bad for the people who lived here. I did buy 2 bracelets for my daughters. Russ bought a “Rolex” watch. We were told that school was out the week we were here. So, there were many children selling their wares as well. Apparently, the long vacation for the children is from December to February since that is their busiest tourist season. I saw children as young as 4 years old selling bracelets and necklaces. But, as Lionel had told us the island’s number one income was toursitry.

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200819.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_20085.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200821.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200822.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200824.jpg

I got this idea from Carrie's trip report. Thank you Carrie!

More pictures of BananaRama:

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200825.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_20083.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200815.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200816.jpg

Rotan_banarama_6_13_200811.jpg

I really wish we had more time in this port. They offered snorkeling tours right off of the beach. But, we only had a little more than an hour on the beach, so we didn't take one. I really enjoyed this island, and hope to return there someday soon.

Kelli-Ann...

You are doing a beautiful job on this review. I am loving the pictures, and re-living my cruise from last September through your lens. :p

I agree with you about Roatan, it is the most beautiful place I've been...and I felt the same sympathy for the locals that you did.

Your pics of Bananarama do remind me alot of Tabyana beach (the Carnival excursion one), so your guide was telling the truth.

OMGosh I can't wait to go back to Roatan in December...I am SO doing the Victor Bodden tour this time! My dd will just die if she gets to hold a real monkey!

Can't wait to see the rest!

Kelli-Ann...

You are doing a beautiful job on this review. I am loving the pictures, and re-living my cruise from last September through your lens. :p

I agree with you about Roatan, it is the most beautiful place I've been...and I felt the same sympathy for the locals that you did.

Your pics of Bananarama do remind me alot of Tabyana beach (the Carnival excursion one), so your guide was telling the truth.

OMGosh I can't wait to go back to Roatan in December...I am SO doing the Victor Bodden tour this time! My dd will just die if she gets to hold a real monkey!

Can't wait to see the rest!

Terri: My daughter is so jealous that she didn't go with me. She just adores monkeys. We've called her Megan Monkey since she was a baby. So, I'll have to take her there sometime!

Archived