CCL Stock in decline...

fireman845

Has anyone been watching the Carnival Corp. stock lately? It has been in a decline for quite awhile. Right now it is 34.9, the lowest I have seen in a long time! Any comments or concerns?

Sadly I guess it's just another "sign of the times"...:o

I would guess that Mr. Market is concerned about how fuel prices will affect the financial results. The dividend may well be reduced and if so watch for the stock to fall further.

If it does, I may consider buying at that point, as I have faith in management to keep the ships full. For instance, opening Baltimore as a port will offset the affects of higher airfares. They may consider parking/selling/etc the Holiday or a Fantasy class ship that has not had the evolutions of fun retrofit. But they will keep going and keep the line profitable.

I would guess that Mr. Market is concerned about how fuel prices will affect the financial results. The dividend may well be reduced and if so watch for the stock to fall further.

If it does, I may consider buying at that point, as I have faith in management to keep the ships full. For instance, opening Baltimore as a port will offset the affects of higher airfares. They may consider parking/selling/etc the Holiday or a Fantasy class ship that has not had the evolutions of fun retrofit. But they will keep going and keep the line profitable.

The reason that the Holiday hasn't already been transferred to another line is because she is one of Carnival's most profitable ships! It will happen eventually, but certainly not as a cost cutting measure.

My entire portfolio is in decline. :(

One good thing is I am doing 3 cruises this year and getting $250 in OBC's as CCL shareholder.

taszmom or other helpful individual- How do I get the OBC? I emailed Carnival and did not receive a response. I understand that one must own 100 shares, but didn't see anything on the Carnival cruise site regarding this issue.

Thanks

Has anyone been watching the Carnival Corp. stock lately? It has been in a decline for quite awhile. Right now it is 34.9, the lowest I have seen in a long time! Any comments or concerns?

Will go lower.

This fuel issue is not affecting many to its fullest extent yet.

Wait until the heating season and see how bad it gets.

People need to eat and heat and that will gobble up more expendable monies.

What range has the dividend been in and is it paid quarterly?

All stocks get beat down in times like this. If you are in the market just hold on at most will rebound after this fuel stuff levels off. If you are out of the market it may be a good time to jump in at these low levels.

My entire portfolio is in decline. :(

How odd, I got a call from my broker today to review my portfolio which is also taking a beating. But he said it has been minimized by the energy stocks...LOL....so the fact that Carnivals stock is in decline is not a shocker...

:rolleyes:

What range has the dividend been in and is it paid quarterly?

All stocks get beat down in times like this. If you are in the market just hold on at most will rebound after this fuel stuff levels off. If you are out of the market it may be a good time to jump in at these low levels.

Last three quarters the dividend has been $0.40 per share. Range in 2007 was $0.28, $0.35, $0.35, $0.40

Carnival Corp Investors Relations page: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-irhome

Will go lower.

This fuel issue is not affecting many to its fullest extent yet.

Wait until the heating season and see how bad it gets.

People need to eat and heat and that will gobble up more expendable monies.

I agree with unstable oil prices ($4.00 a gallon may look cheap a year from now) and if they pass the new cap and trade legislation which is expected to add 52 cents at minimum to the price of gas. The price of electricity is expected to jump at least 30% where I live. I think more and more Americans are going to find it harder to take vacations.

I don't think it's time to buy at best the stock is a hold.

taszmom or other helpful individual- How do I get the OBC? I emailed Carnival and did not receive a response. I understand that one must own 100 shares, but didn't see anything on the Carnival cruise site regarding this issue.

Thanks

Hurry&Wait- the information about the OBC is found on Carnival's web site in the section called " Investor Relations".

Their instructions about the OBC: Please provide your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (i.e., photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate or a current brokerage or nominee statement) and the initial deposit to your

travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected.

Carnival Cruise Lines

Research Supervisor

Reservation Administration

3655 N.W. 87th Avenue

Miami, FL 33178

Tel 800-438-6744 ext. 70041

Fax 305-406-6477

HUrry &Wait you need to hold at least 100 shares. I get the annual report.

It has the list of all the Carnival Corp cruise lines fax numbers to send it to.

Send a fax with your reservation #, a copy of your confirmation/invoice showing deposit/payment and a copy of your financial statement showing shares owned. Carnival's FAX # is 305-406-6477. Attn : Research Supervisor, Reservation Administration. It takes a few days and you won't see it until after final payment on your edocs as on onboard credit. Even the TA's confirmation doesn't show it.

I'll be glad to email you a copy.

The stock market in general has been in a bit of a decline lately. Carnival has the same booking for next year as they have had for last year, no significant drop. Of all the passenger cruise lines Carnival is the one to hold because they have the least downside.

The stock market in general has been in a bit of a decline lately. Carnival has the same booking for next year as they have had for last year, no significant drop. Of all the passenger cruise lines Carnival is the one to hold because they have the least downside.

Just hope the bookings actually translate to sales. If the economy keeps trailing off and the cost of living keeps heading up those bookings could easily become canceled.

Archived