NOLA garden district hotels & restaurants

GORDONCHICK

We will be in New Orleans for the first time in January for a cruise. We will only spend a night or two and will probably stay in the garden district. Looking for recommendations for hotels and restaurants. If you recommend a hotel, please list the things that were important to you in recommending that particular hotel.

Everyone's priorities are different. We will need a room with two beds, preferably queens. We will be traveling with our DS, who is 7. We aren't partiers, but we do enjoy good food and trying new places. We could have a group of about 30 with us, but not everyone will dine in the same places. Some will be there just overnight and others may spend some extra time in the city.

All suggestions welecomed!

Carmen,

Don't forget to research the Ports of Call - New Orleans Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21 too. Using garden district as my key words with the Search this Forum feature on this forum, there were only 13 threads (including yours) with the words in a thread title or the body of a thread. On the other forum, there were 80 threads with the words in a thread title or the body of a thread.

Wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif in finding a good garden district location that will be perfect for you!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

I sincerely hope you do not mind another reminder, but per the Guidelines:

... Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else...

As I mentioned before, the Search this Forum feature on each of the forums brought up a multitude of threads. It really helps to narrow down the threads you will want to read during your research. However, I suggest you do not try a search with too many or too common of key words at one time. This will sometimes overwhelm the search feature with too many threads to scan at once. At the time I used the feature with my key words on the forums, it worked just fine. Also, there are "high traffic" times when too many of our 357,366 members are trying a search at the same time you are. Just keep trying!!

Again, 080402gudl_prv.gif

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Some cruisers like Maison St Charles:

http://www.maisonstcharles.com/

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

Maison St. Charles Hotel & Suites

• $79.00 - $139.00 per night (10% Commissionable)
  • Single / Double Occupancy
  • $10.00 additional person
  • Complimentary Welcome Cocktail in our Courtyard Lounge
  • Complimentary Parking while on cruise

$14.98 per night parking charge while at hotel

Code: BON VOYAGE

Phone: 504-620-5466

Read the reviews on Jacques Imos in New Orleans. We go there every time we visit the city. The food is very good and the ambiance is unique.

We always bid priceline and a few weeks ago were rewarded with the Intercontinental Hotel on St. Charles Avenue. The trolly stops 1 block up and 1/2 block down from the hotel. Really convenient. I was asked if I wanted a king or 2 queens so that might work for you. This hotel is really nice, very clean and in a good area of New Orleans. I received the hotel for $70 a night!

Also wanted to add:

Check out Bookit.com as they offer good rates on hotels. If you can get the Queen & Crescent on Camp Street that would be another good place to stay. Check out the hotels then go over to tripadvisor.com to read the reviews on these.

• 3 weeks later...
Some cruisers like Maison St Charles:

http://www.maisonstcharles.com/

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

Maison St. Charles Hotel & Suites

• $79.00 - $139.00 per night (10% Commissionable)
  • Single / Double Occupancy
  • $10.00 additional person
  • Complimentary Welcome Cocktail in our Courtyard Lounge
  • Complimentary Parking while on cruise

$14.98 per night parking charge while at hotel

Code: BON VOYAGE

Phone: 504-620-5466

nolaAlive--

Do you know if this is the Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles?

Archived