Sailing during Thanksgiving: Traditional American food for dinner?

sppunk

I assume the answer is yes, but does Princess offer a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (roasted turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc.) onboard?

I just realized we're sailing through the Canal and it'll be during Thanksgiving - I should really look at calendars more often!

Yes, there is turkey on t-day. And a ton of pumpkin in everything from soup, pie, whatever they can come up with.

Also, there is a nice display in the atrium for Thanksgiving.

And naturally on the last day it is turkey and prime rib.

happy sailing,

Jan

We were on the Emerald last year for Thanksgiving and it was your normal fare, EXCEPT with the turkey and dressing, etc, they did not have mashed potatoes and gravy. :eek: Our table of 8 commented on it when our food arrived and our waiter went to the kitchen and got us a big bowl of mashed potatoes and all was well. My husband loved the Thanksgiving menu...he got to skip the turkey and have lobster instead. Got it twice on that cruise! The pumpkin pie was fairly decent too.

Yes and No: I was on the Grand last year and this was a big concern of my parents who were traveling with us. Did they have Turkey on Thanksgiving? Yes. Was it any different then the turkey dinner they always have any other week? No. This doesnt mean it was bad by any means, but if you are expecting them to carve turkeys in the dining room or really do something special, they dont. However I too engaged in the turkey and lobster thing! Hey if lobster was good enough for the pilgrams at the first thanksgiving (and yes they actually had it) then it was good enough for me! Also, the MUTS screen played one of the football games, very cool. I enjoyed sailing on Thanksgiving and we are considering the Crown that week this year. Enjoy.

Archived