Locked balcony doors.

delondin

Due to various postings regarding Diamond B104 with locked balcony doors at sea and closing curtains at night because of interfering with bridge navigation, as we are sailing on her I raised the question with Princess. They have confirmed to me in writing that this is not the case. Apparently they advise you not to use any balcony in extremely bad weather but they do not lock them. As regard to the curtains this cabin is not affected.

I was the one that told you about the locked balcony doors that wrap around toward the front of the ship and our room steward actually locked that door while at sea. Now it is not the door that goes out to the balcony; it is the one that wraps around to the front. Also there was a note on the desk to keep the drapes closed at nite so as not to disturb the bridge. Now maybe things have changed; I certainly hope for your sake; I was just telling you what happened to us.

marilyn

Due to various postings regarding Diamond B104 with locked balcony doors at sea and closing curtains at night because of interfering with bridge navigation, as we are sailing on her I raised the question with Princess. They have confirmed to me in writing that this is not the case. Apparently they advise you not to use any balcony in extremely bad weather but they do not lock them. As regard to the curtains this cabin is not affected.

INfo from CSR's at Princess and what happens onboard is not the same, so be forewarned. :)

Whether it is in writing or not, what difference will that make once you have sailed??

Thanks for all your replies. I am in a difficult position, my DH doesn't want to downgrade and all the other suites are gone. If we are waitlisted we might end up with one with the smelly vent or beam problem. I booked this cruise months in advance (as soon as brochure was released) and I had my pick of cabins. I only wish I had found these boards earlier. I was naive in thinking that if you book a suite then it would be fine.

Thanks for all your replies. I am in a difficult position, my DH doesn't want to downgrade and all the other suites are gone. If we are waitlisted we might end up with one with the smelly vent or beam problem. I booked this cruise months in advance (as soon as brochure was released) and I had my pick of cabins. I only wish I had found these boards earlier. I was naive in thinking that if you book a suite then it would be fine.

Well just try and enjoy, it is a great cabin.

I really think they need to place some of this info when trying to book this cabin. :)

Other then the wind factor I would enjoy a forward facing cabin.

Hi there it is me again who had this cabin. Now I have no idea where you are going on your cruise but we were on the Mex. riv. r/t trip out of san Francisco. Now between San Francisco and the Mex. riviera there are at time very choppy waters which can result in high winds. Now maybe that happens when it is out to sea. If you are cruising Alaska there is a lot of calm waters and you may not be affected by it. Please go and enjoy your cruise. I was just telling you of my experiences. they may not happen to you.

Marilyn

Hi there it is me again who had this cabin. Now I have no idea where you are going on your cruise but we were on the Mex. riv. r/t trip out of san Francisco. Now between San Francisco and the Mex. riviera there are at time very choppy waters which can result in high winds. Now maybe that happens when it is out to sea. If you are cruising Alaska there is a lot of calm waters and you may not be affected by it. Please go and enjoy your cruise. I was just telling you of my experiences. they may not happen to you.

Marilyn

We are going Australia and Asia.

Usually during sea days they do not like you using the balcony at all due to spray of the ocean. When the balcony doors are locked there is less vibrations from the wind and when the bow thrusters.

Suites on the front of the ships to take advantage of the unusual shape and opportunity to provide the passengers with larger balconies.

We are going Australia and Asia.

I imagine there is a lot of sea days. Hey all you can do is give it try. It just may work out for you. have a great cruise. You will like the suite/

Marilyn

Archived