Premium Suites on Sapphire Princess

mii

My DH and I just returned yesterday from a 10-day roundtrip from San Francisco to the Mexican Rivera. There was some interest in the suites and just how windy it was for suites that were in the bow section. We were PS Premium Suite B-104. Below is a link to pictures we took of the cabin. On the windy conditions going from S.F. south there was no wind at all. Once in awhile there was a little motion but on the way back to San Francisco it was windy. The balcony part where the chairs were was on the port side and there was a locking partition separating that portion from the wrap around front portion of the balcony. It was always locked by the cabin steward on sea days as the wind was strong.

We were upgraded from a mini-suite to this cabin and as much as the experience of being in a suite was great would not pay the price or except the same upgrade again in this location. (Also it was alot of walking from front of the ship to aft where most facilities were.) The perks were great and if anyone has any questions regarding that I will try to answer questions.

In summary we had a great cruise and the experience of having a suite was fantastic.

Marilyn

http://community.webshots.com/user/bates284

Thanks Marilyn for posting these pictures. I do like the balcony.

It is laid out a little different then the other suites on the Grand class ships I have been on. I had a little difficulty putting the pics together to visualize it.

Hope you had a good cruise.

Did you say, "a lot of walking?"..............hell when we were on our way to visit you guys I thought I was going to stroke out on the way, I knew there was a reason I didn't eat that second bagle and cream cheese that morning.

Coral, am sorry about the way the pictures were displayed.:( My DH put them in that order( I was not there to supervise):D and they came out every which way.

Sorry about that.

Marilyn

Coral, am sorry about the way the pictures were displayed.:( My DH put them in that order( I was not there to supervise):D and they came out every which way.

Sorry about that.

Marilyn

Marilyn - no fault of yours. I know how the suites are on the Grand class and these suites are situated different. In these rooms, it is very difficult to take pictures. I just tried to figure out what was on each wall and I never fully figured it out. It has nothing to do with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to take the pictures and posting them. Glad you got the upgrade. :)

Thanks also for explaining the balcony and wind. I like the wrap around balconies of your cabin.

Mii

Thank you sooooo much for the explanation obout the balconys on Saphire and Diamond. the pictures are wonderful! We are booked on the Diamond for Alaska in A104 and I was really worried about the "lock the balcony" question, you have relieved my mind, looks like a nice cabin!

Sue

Your welcome Raysue: Please do not get me wrong. We did enjoy the suite and its perks but the location way up front of the ship and the wind left something to be desired. This by the way was a upgrade and we were extremely excited about being in a suite but if the opportunity came and we were offered a suite up in front we would turn it down because of the above reasons. The suite itself was great, all sorts of room, it was nice to have two t.v.'s two refrigerators, etc. and a very comfortable couch. We did use the balcony and the wraparound when we were in port and enjoyed that aspect of it. But at sea the windy was just plain nasty. I really have to be honest and explain the situation; hope everyone understands the reason why we would refuse the front cabin.

Marilyn

• 1 year later...

Has anyone sailed in this cabin B104 on the Sapphire recently? Any new thoughts or suggestions? From past pictures it does not look like there is any benefit to that balcony - no glass, on the small side(no room for loungers), etc ... - Are there any other downfalls to this type of cabin?

We were on the Sapphire in June and on disembarkation day we had

a lot of time to kill, so I decided to "tour" some of the suites on my own.

I specifically wanted to get a look at one of these suites since they appeared so different from the others. I would not pay the extra

money for B-104 for the above-mentioned reasons.

Also what I did not care for was even though you pay "suite" pricing, you

don't get a fancy bathroom like those that are in the other PH's PS's and

VS's.

It was the bathroom that you get in all the minis (which there is absolutely nothing wrong with those bathrooms) but if I'm paying top dollar

for a suite, then I want all the accompanying perks. However, if you are

upgraded to one of these from a mini, then that's not such a bad

deal. The design was simply that of a little two-room apartment.

I do think it might be nice if one wanted to stay up and read or watch

TV and did not wish to disturb their partner, then this cabin might

be appealing. But it's not a cabin I would actually "pay" for.

Archived