Worldly wanderer

worldly wanderer

Hi this is Kathy from your 7/19 thread......you need to put the title of your question category.....not your handle name.......do you have a question about accommodations?

Sorry about the mixup, the question is about the hotel accommodation being given to my family who fly to N.Y. on 18th July to embark the Caribbean Princess on the 19th. Princess have put them in a hotel out at JFK which is a long way out of town. They have two boys ll and 10 so are not too happy. I wanted to know if anyone else who is on this cruise has had this hotel offered to them. Thanks for your input.

sorry Kathy for my mixup. I was asking if any other passengers staying in NY on 18th July ready for embarkation on 19th, have been booked in at the Doubletree Hotel out at JFK. My family have been booked in there and are not happy as they have two children and it is quite a way out of town. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

Sorry about the mixup, the question is about the hotel accommodation being given to my family who fly to N.Y. on 18th July to embark the Caribbean Princess on the 19th. Princess have put them in a hotel out at JFK which is a long way out of town. They have two boys ll and 10 so are not too happy. I wanted to know if anyone else who is on this cruise has had this hotel offered to them. Thanks for your input.
Trying to remember my geography but I believe being near JFK is probably closer to where you embark the ship. What is the age of the 1st boy? Is he II (2) or 11? A little confusing. In any case, Princess has contracts with certain hotels so that when you book a pre-cruise hotel, there isn't often a choice. What are they unhappy about? Did they expect to have a hotel in Times Square? That's not going to happen. FYI, there are lots of shuttles between JFK and NYC if they want to go into town. Have a great cruise.

extremely confused, were they told that the hotel would be the sheraton hotel and towers when they booked it? Did you book through a ta or directlythrough princess, just trying to figure out what you were told when this hotel package was booked.

ps is this an overnight that is imposed due to the air schedule, or did you book the hotel package described by princess and receive a different one? If you are flying out of a particular airport where the air that princess books for you ( is air booked thorugh princess?) requires an overnight, usually to the east coast form a midwestern airport such as Denver, for example, the the hotel is whatever they pick and is much less than the hotel described in the hotel package section of the brochure which, in mine, is the sheraton.

Archived