What coast do the cruise ships dock?

swom

I am looking at a site on Barbados and see different beaches according to coasts.

West Coast beaches seem to have the best ones for snorkling, but don't know how far that will be from where Princess docks.

Can anyone tell me if we are docking on South, Southeast, East or West coast of Barbados or if it is a long ways from one coastline to another?

This site lists Folkstone Underwater Park that sounds very interesting, but I don't know how far that is from the cruise dock. Anyone know?

Thanks!

I am looking at a site on Barbados and see different beaches according to coasts.

West Coast beaches seem to have the best ones for snorkling, but don't know how far that will be from where Princess docks.

Can anyone tell me if we are docking on South, Southeast, East or West coast of Barbados or if it is a long ways from one coastline to another?

This site lists Folkstone Underwater Park that sounds very interesting, but I don't know how far that is from the cruise dock. Anyone know?

Thanks!

The Port splits the south coast from the west coast (Or Just About) Folkstone is on the west coast about 20min drive.

oh boy-you mean they don't all dock in bridgetown???????

When I was there in January, we docked in Bridgetown, as did a Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships. That is on the West side. Don't know about the underwater park.

Folkestone Underwater Park is a public beach. Nothing fancy, but we really enjoyed it several years ago. It had restrooms and changing areas as well as a small store and a snack shack open in the afternoon. There was a vendor and someone who rented chairs.

What we really liked was that there was lots of shade. We were able to be in filtered sun (on the ground, not sand) on the edge of the wonderful water. The actual beach was narrow (perhaps it was high tide), but in the direct sun. You can snorkel there, but we didn't do that. There was also a small playground and, I think, some tennis courts.

The whole area was relaxing and low key. There couldn't have been more than 30 people there. It's in a very upscale area tucked between some expensive resorts and homes. We spoke to the vendor and had no trouble getting a taxi back to the port.

I am planning to go back next year. If you want to swim, snorkel, and sunbathe, this is a good choice. But if you want lots of water activities, this is not the place.

Archived