Ecstasy or Fantasy

kolebyt1996

My mom and I are planning a 5 day western caribbean cruise on the Ecstasy or the Fantasy. both ports are about the same distance away. Wich would you choose.

cruise-ship-ani.gifKolebyt, Since you and you mom are already on the Ecstasy, Why not go on the Fantasy! That was the first ship I sailed on!! So it is the best!!:rolleyes: Hey! I am on the Crazies cruise with you and your mom!! That is going to be something else!!:)

Oops... I forgot to take the countdown from my signature off. The reason I did that is we were planning on going on the Ecstasy but we saw the same thing on the Fantasy so we thought why not see wich one is best.

p.s. It sure is

Oops... I forgot to take the countdown from my signature off. The reason I did that is we were planning on going on the Ecstasy but we saw the same thing on the Fantasy so we thought why not see wich one is best.

p.s. It sure is

cruise-ship-ani.gifWell, that is different then, I think Fantasy is going to be in drydock in Sept? And get the evoultions of fun!! So why not try to go after that!!:) Since it sounds like you need a cruise!!!:p Come on over to the Crazies board sometime and bring your mom with ya!!!:)

I was wondering the exact same thing. Thanks for posting this thread.

Is one ship a little "nicer" than the other? (I have heard that the Fantasy will get their Evolutions of Fun dry dock in September.)

Are the passenger demographics the same on both ships?

One thing to think about on the Fantasy. You will be traveling down the Mississippi for about 7 hours after you leave New Orleans before you reach the Gulf. Not alot to see and some complain of it being rough but we have never really been bothered by it. Not alot of difference on either ship, the Ecstasy is just a little newer, it was the next Fantasy class vessel after the Fantasy came on.

I have been on both, and although I love New Orleans and their great new terminal, I'd have to say go with the Ecstasy. I found the Ecstasy to have a happier, friendlier, and more professional crew than the Fantasy. The ship is also nicer, but that will no doubt change after Fantasy's dry dock. I'd still go with Ecstasy, even after Fantasy's makeover, though. Just my opinion.

I've been on the Fantasy twice. Though it's not a ship I would recommend, I wouldn't tell you to not take a cruise on her. The problem I had was with the cruise director, I felt he was not very visible, etc. etc. I won't go into that.

I've never been on the Ecstacy, but I have sailed 4 & 5 days out of Galveston. Can't say the demography is any different at either location. I did find the Conquest crowd to be a bit more subdued than the 4-5 dayers

The last time I posted I said that the crowd on the Fantasy was a lot different than that sailing out of Galveston. But, in all fairness it could have just been the 4 day crowd verse the 7 day crowd. Know what I mean? Maybe 4 day cruises atract a little different type people. I think we'll stick to the 7 day out of Galveston from now on. As far as the crew....they were great on the Fantasy. Never had a problem at all.

Archived