BC or BD

hulamoon

I am STILL looking at my Emerald booking, would you say a BC is worth $650 total, more dolllars than a BD? I can't see much difference. The BC is on Rivera deck, maybe.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am STILL looking at my Emerald booking, would you say a BC is worth $650 total, more dolllars than a BD? I can't see much difference. The BC is on Rivera deck, maybe.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Those balconies are pretty much the same other then location on the ship.

Save the $$$ and take the BD. :)

This is what I think too, on HAL you could get all types of variations but this is very similar.

Since I am a year out, and my TA tells me BD's cost more because of her "sale" on BC's, is it best to just cancel and reschedule with another agency that are quoting BD's lower? I tried to lower it today by downgrading but she said the BD is higher than the BC with her company right now.

I am embarrassed to make this switch, but I am planning so far in advance to save money not overspend.

This is what I think too, on HAL you could get all types of variations but this is very similar.

Since I am a year out, and my TA tells me BD's cost more because of her "sale" on BC's, is it best to just cancel and reschedule with another agency that are quoting BD's lower? I tried to lower it today by downgrading but she said the BD is higher than the BC with her company right now.

I am embarrassed to make this switch, but I am planning so far in advance to save money not overspend.

Get a new TA...

BD are on Decks - Aloha and Baja - All are Midship

BC are on Decks - Aloha and Riviera

Riviera cabins are either Forward or Aft

Aloha cabins are Midship

If the cabins are both mid-ship, take the BD

Doesn't make much of a difference.

While I was posting the above, you posted this.

Your TA is giving you a bunch of bananas.

She\he doesn't want to make the change because the BC cabins always cost more. I know!! I always book BD or BC.

Your TA doesn't want to loss commission.

What is the cancellation fee? It might be worth it to change. Your TA sounds like mine. Not worth the aggravation. If switching is going to put money in your pocket. Switch!!!

Otherwise, you should make her a offer - either TA makes the changes or you will. Simple as that.

I may loose my OBC I got back from Princess but I have a pretty good case for keeping it, but the canceling and renewing may be a problem.

After all this is money I could spend on my future, possible grandchildren!

I may loose my OBC I got back from Princess but I have a pretty good case for keeping it, but the canceling and renewing may be a problem.

After all this is money I could spend on my future, possible grandchildren!

Why would you loss your OBC? :rolleyes:

Keep the BD and leave yourself open for a upgrade.

That's what happened to me, I got upgraded to a BC from a BD. I didn't know that it cost that much more, I just thought they were putting me on the port side.

That's what happened to me, I got upgraded to a BC from a BD. I didn't know that it cost that much more, I just thought they were putting me on the port side.

Sometimes an upgrade isn't always a good thing.

I was upgraded without knowing.

Princess upgraded me to a BC Forward cabin, I had a BD Midship.

Midship is prime location. Forward and rear are less desirable.

Princess upgrades to open up prime locations, since cabins are easier to sell. Pax think "Wow an upgrade" not thinking the location.

Sometimes an upgrade isn't always a good thing.

I was upgraded without knowing.

Princess upgraded me to a BC Forward cabin, I had a BD Midship.

Midship is prime location. Forward and rear are less desirable.

Princess upgrades to open up prime locations, since cabins are easier to sell. Pax think "Wow an upgrade" not thinking the location.

Hadn't thought of that. We will be on the Dawn Princess, cabin C544. I don't know if this is a good location or not. Oh well, if it's not, we will find out soon enough, we leave in 13 days!

Hadn't thought of that. We will be on the Dawn Princess, cabin C544. I don't know if this is a good location or not. Oh well, if it's not, we will find out soon enough, we leave in 13 days!

Excellent location.

Your cabin is between the rear and middle elevators, making it easy to get to the dining rooms, pools, public areas.

Excellent location.

Your cabin is between the rear and middle elevators, making it easy to get to the dining rooms, pools, public areas.

Thank you for the info. Now I won't have to worry to see if they really did me a favor by moving me to this room! :)

I think I could loose the OBC by canceling the booking with one TA and moving it to another. Our's expired two weeks ago and we got an exception for this booking. When we bought the FCC we were not told it would expire and even though I confirmed it in March, still if we loose this by swithcing it is cheaper with the other TA in a BD.

I am looking at a Trans atlantic crossing, but I am not so sure I will be upset if I am aft or forward. Do they allow guarantees for BD?

Thanks for your input.

Sharie

massage@hawaii.rr.com

I am STILL looking at my Emerald booking, would you say a BC is worth $650 total, more dolllars than a BD?

Be sure to log into Princess.com and check if there really is a price difference. On my 4/19/09 Emerald Princess cruise, the balcony categories are all the same price for Captain Circle members. So the BD is the same as BC, BB, and BA categories.

We will be cruising on the Crown in Nov on our first Princess cruise. We booked a BC because there was a sale for that sailing (BC was the same price as BD, BE, BF). If we had booked a cruise for the week before or after, we would've spent more for BC, however BD, BE, BF were all the same price as each other but much cheaper than the BD.

I don't know if it was the TA or Princess that determined which categories would be on sale for which sailing, but in doing my research, I noticed that Princess also had that sailing "on sale" with BC the same price as the BD-BF.

Archived