Freedom, Independence or Liberty?

Aside from Independence being an 8 day cruise, I have these three from which to choose next April. I am traveling with my children, ages 8 and 10 at date of departure. We are all experienced cruisers, but not on RCI.

Since Freedom, Independence and Liberty are all similar, with slight differences in itinerary and departure port (Ft. Lauderdale would be closer but not that much - I live in SW Florida) -- how do I choose?

Help! And thanks!;)

Isn't it great to have such wonderful choices;) We have sailed Disney Magic twice. We chose the Independence this Nov. because we liked the 8 day Eastern Int. and Ft. Lauderdale is more appealing to us than Miami.

Good Luck and fun!

Funny you should be the first to reply! I have the Disney Magic all booked but my kids took a look at the actvities on these three ships and asked to cancel our DCL reservation and switch! That's why I am searching for info! Which did you prefer?

We did the same thing. We were set to sail for the 3rd time, but our boys 13 & 16 liked the activities as well. I don't think you can go wrong on either 3. First, I would pick the int. that has the ports you are interested in visiting and go from there. How old are your kids?

They are all the same class ship - so basiclly it is the same ship. I would choose by the itinerary that I liked most and ease of departure according to the ports proximity to you.

Good luck and welcome to RCI!!!!!

We did the same thing. We were set to sail for the 3rd time, but our boys 13 & 16 liked the activities as well. I don't think you can go wrong on either 3. First, I would pick the int. that has the ports you are interested in visiting and go from there. How old are your kids?

DD is 10 and DS is 8 (when we cruise). The itineraries are about the same to me, except that Liberty doesn't stop at Labadee. Should that be a "must do" when making my choice?

Need to know exact dates you are looking at to see best available cabins that are available, makes a big difference when selecting a ship. Those dates you are looking at are very popular.

Prices can be alot different to if saving money makes a difference to you.

What itinerary do you like better, Western or Eastern?

Looking for one cabin or 2 cabins? Adjoining cabins? Insides, Oceanviews or Balconies?

Freedom would most likely cost less money with Liberty being next and Independence being the most expensive because it is the newest plus an extra day.

We have been on 2 or the 3 ships, Freedom and Liberty. If it was me picking I would pick Freedom's Western Intinerary.

Jimbo:)

Need to know exact dates you are looking at to see best available cabins that are available, makes a big difference when selecting a ship. Those dates you are looking at are very popular.April 4 or 5 sailing date

Prices can be alot different to if saving money makes a difference to you.

What itinerary do you like better, Western or Eastern?Have been to all the stops, so doesn't matter really - curious if Labadee should be a "must do" ?

Looking for one cabin or 2 cabins? Adjoining cabins? Insides, Oceanviews or Balconies?one cabin, best available

Freedom would most likely cost less money with Liberty being next and Independence being the most expensive because it is the newest plus an extra day.Right now Freedom has the only balcony available at Deck 9 and is the most expensive, Independence (8 nights!) is second and has an OV on Deck 3 and Liberty has OV on Deck 3

We have been on 2 or the 3 ships, Freedom and Liberty. If it was me picking I would pick Freedom's Western Intinerary.

Jimbo

Question for ya, would you consider flying to Galveston to sail on Voyager of the Seas, 7 Night Western?

Flowrider might be a little over powering for a 8 year old and 10 year old. I would almost bet they would go on it once and be little afraid to go on it again, so I wouldn't let the flow rider sway your choice in ships.

Since you have been to all the stops already but Labadee I would definitely pick a ship that stops there; it's a nice day on the beach.

If it were me choosing I would also pick the Indy because she is the newest and you get that 'extra' 8th day.

Fortunately, as you can see by my signature, I live in Florida so airfare is not an issue. (thus, we would not be flying to Galveston to take advantage of that ship/route, as previously asked, for obvious reasons:p )

I haven't been on any of these ships - but have been to all ports except Labadee.

Guess it is coming down to 7 vs. 8 nights, and/or best cabin available. I can't see much difference otherwise. Might eliminate Liberty since it doesn't make the Labadee stop....

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions - I welcome others!!!

Fortunately, as you can see by my signature, I live in Florida so airfare is not an issue. (thus, we would not be flying to Galveston to take advantage of that ship/route, as previously asked, for obvious reasons:p )

I haven't been on any of these ships - but have been to all ports except Labadee.

Guess it is coming down to 7 vs. 8 nights, and/or best cabin available. I can't see much difference otherwise. Might eliminate Liberty since it doesn't make the Labadee stop....

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions - I welcome others!!!

There is a nice aft balcony on deck 10. Junior Suite cabin 1694 available that would be awesome......Price would be lower then any of the 3 cabins you mentioned above too. You didn't say if the cabin was for 3 or 4 people, not sure what airfare would run you though from Sarasota to Galveston, Might all total out to be the same amount of money what you would be paying to sail from Florida.....The good thing here though you would have a MUCh MUCH nicer Balcony Cabin, One of the Primo Cabins on that ship.

Good Luck with whatever you decide

Thanks to everyone for their input. I decided on the Independence because the port is closer, the ship is newer, the itinerary was great and it adds an extra day!

For what it is worth, I got the same category cabin on the same Deck as I had booked for Disney Miracle (which I have cancelled) PLUS added a fourth person AND and extra night, and STILL saved over $1200!

Flowrider might be a little over powering for a 8 year old and 10 year old. I would almost bet they would go on it once and be little afraid to go on it again, so I wouldn't let the flow rider sway your choice in ships.

On my Liberty cruise, it was the kids this age that were making all the other boogie boarders look lame! One little guy could let go of his boogie board, send it down to the bottom of the Rider and body surf in the meantime and then hop back on it when it came back to him. I could have watched him all day.

I think the kids must be one height to boogie board and a bit taller to do the stand up surfing. I can see that it might not be for every child, but, once again, there sure were some amazing performances from the younger ones.

If ports are not really that important, I'd choose Freedom just to experience Richard Spacey as CD. He is a riot! He absolutely made our last cruise. Best ever! Your children will love any of ships! We like Labadee better than our son. He does like it better now that he's 20 and likes to relax a little more than when he was younger.

Archived