Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee

I haven't even gone on my first cruise and am already looking for one to book for my son and I. I want to make sure that the first time we go we get a Balcony and have never seen a Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee ever open. Is this something that is only available a few years in advance or right before the cruise is going to set sail? I noticed that for my cruise that I have already booked, that I was not given an option to book a balcony until a few weeks before (Vision of the Seas, Mexican Riviera). Just wondering if there is a trick on how to get a balcony/suite, and when the best times to book such a room is?

Thanks

The most expensive cabins (suites) and the cheapest cabins tend to go first. On ships like the Vision, where balconies are limited, this extends to balcony cabins as well. If you really want to book a balcony or suite it is best to book as far out as possible. For example, for my Serenade cruise next May the only suite left available is the Royal Suite.

As to guarantee cabins, RCCL does not offer guarantees on every sailing, and the deluxe/suite guarantee is offered even less often. They usually only offer guarantees as a way to fill up a sailing that is not selling well, or a category that is not selling well. And there is no set timeframe when they will be offered - I have seen them offered at 8-9 months before sailing on one cruise, on another cruise the guarantees only appeared after final payment date.

Archived