Princess events - young children tip - first time Disney cruise

nicki_momof3

We are going on our first Disney cruise :o (7 night) in Aug. Our children (2 boys and a girl) will be 4,5,7. Could someone give me some info. about the special character breakfast and princess tea parties. I am also confused about what to pack in terms of dinner clothing for all 5 of us. How dressy is dinner for adults and kids? One last question - I know there are pools (our kids love to swim). Are we allowed to bring floaties and swim rings to swim with? Any other tips to help us would be appreciated. We have no idea what to expect. Thanks :)

PS - we loved our weeks vacation to Disney resort last year so we are very excited to make the most of this cruise.

The kids will have many photo op chances to meet the Princesses and other Disney characters. just check your Navigator each morning to find out the times. (arrive about 10 minutes early or so, some of the lines do get long).

We did tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter last year. We had to sign up at Guest services. we were given tickets to the event. It was just the proper way to serve and drink tea. ( ice tea and choc chip cookies.) it was very cute. Sign up early!!

As for breakfast, you will be given a morning and ticket for your special character breakfast. last year when we went it was Mickey/Minnie/Goofy. they did not do photos or autographs. I heard they are back to greeting each table for photos etc. The breakfast is at PC.

I can not remember if you can take swimmies in the Mickey pool etc. The water is not that deep. My son could stand . (he was only 4)

As for dressing for dinners....I would say casual, sun dresses for the girls, dockers/shirt for the boys. On formal night/semi the dress is more formal. This year dh and son are only wearing shirts/ties. No suits for them this year. Alot of the girls wore princess costumes every night.

We are going on our first Disney cruise :o (7 night) in Aug. Our children (2 boys and a girl) will be 4,5,7. Could someone give me some info. about the special character breakfast and princess tea parties.

Every cabin gets a ticket to the character breakfast for one morning of their cruise. Your room steward will give them to you. You do not get a choice of mornings, but they are generally sea days. Many (not all) kids dress up in thier princess costumes for the breakfast.

I'm not sure about the tea, I'm sure someone else can help you.

I am also confused about what to pack in terms of dinner clothing for all 5 of us. How dressy is dinner for adults and kids?

You'll have five casual nights (one being "pirate night") one formal, and one semi-formal night. On formal night you'll see tuxes or suit and tie for men and boys, cocktail attire or gowns for females. On the semi-formal night it would be a suit and tie or sportcoat and open collared shirt for men, dress pants and dress shirt for boys, dressy dress or cocktail attire for women, and dressy dresses for girls. Jeans are not suitable for formal or semi-formal nights. Shorts, tank tops, and swimwear are not allowed in the dining room at any time.

One last question - I know there are pools (our kids love to swim). Are we allowed to bring floaties and swim rings to swim with? Any other tips to help us would be appreciated. We have no idea what to expect. Thanks :)

There is one pool for families--the other pool is for adults only and DCL (thankfully!) enforces that rule. The pools aren't that big (or deep), and sometimes get overcrowded. I'm not sure if arm swimmies are allowed, but rings and such aren't as of the last time we sailed. Those items are certainly welcomed at Castaway Cay.

Have a great cruise!

Archived