How do I load the art tours onto my iPod?

Avril

I was just wondering how to get the art tour for E-dam on my iPod when it comes out? I was just trying to download the art tour for Westerdam to see if I could do it (and then I'll delete it from both my computer and iPod - if I get it there) and I could download it onto my computer but couldn't figure out how to get it onto my iPod. :confused: Can someone help? I would like to try out the art tour when I sail on E-dam in December!!

Thanks!! :D

Did you open up Itunes? It should automatically download the file when you open Itunes. Then synch your IPod, and that should work.

I just downloaded the Prinsendam's yesterday, and it went into the "Audiobooks" section. Some of the others went into "Podcasts."

Did you open up Itunes? It should automatically download the file when you open Itunes. Then synch your IPod, and that should work.

I just downloaded the Prinsendam's yesterday, and it went into the "Audiobooks" section. Some of the others went into "Podcasts."

Oh ya, iTunes, I forgot about that. :o Not that I could do that here anyway (I'm still at work) but I probably wouldn't have thought of it even if it was on this computer. Do I open iTunes before I download the art tour or after? If after, where do I save the art tour and how do I get it into iTunes?

Thanks!! :D

You can download the presentation to whatever folder you wish on your computer but remember where it is. Then, after the file is downloaded, open iTunes and import it.

After it is in iTunes, connect your iPod to the computer and it should automatically sync with iTunes and you will have the presentation on your iPod.

You can download the presentation to whatever folder you wish on your computer but remember where it is. Then, after the file is downloaded, open iTunes and import it.

After it is in iTunes, connect your iPod to the computer and it should automatically sync with iTunes and you will have the presentation on your iPod.

Oh, ok. Thanks!!!! :D

You can also load the art program to other mp3 players. I loaded the art podcast onto my Zune yesterday.

The problem with that is, I don't have any other kind of mp3 player. I only have my iPod. Thanks for the suggestion though!! :D

I purchased an iPod nano about 10 days ago--what a fantastic device.

Anyway, I went to iTunes and found a podcast listing for "ship art tour". It was for HAL and I clicked on "subscribe", the only entry was for the Ryndam, dated in 2007! I have not yet listened to it, but will HAL update the podcast via iTunes or do we have to do something once on-board?

• 3 months later...

Anyway, I went to iTunes and found a podcast listing for "ship art tour". It was for HAL and I clicked on "subscribe", the only entry was for the Ryndam, dated in 2007! I have not yet listened to it, but will HAL update the podcast via iTunes or do we have to do something once on-board?

A belated thank you to you Bill. After having downloaded the tours for several of the ships that I've been aboard in the past, I was unable to find the art tours on Itunes for the Eurodam. Your post just helped me find them by searching with the words 'ship art tour'. You've been a big help.

I would think that the Art Tour hasn't changed since 2007 unless they have changed the art work on a particular ship so that may be the latest one available for the Ryndam.

To get the art tour directly from HAL: On the Holland America site choose "Onboard Our Ships", then choose "Our Ships", and then choose the ship whose art tour you want to download. On the right side of the page you will see the heading "about <name of ship>". Below that will be the link for the Art Tour for that ship. There are Art Tours downloads available for all ships except the Eurodam.

You can borrow them. I believe they have them at Explorations Cafe, at least that's where they were on the Noordam.

There is no charge for the ipod Art tour, just ask at the Explorers Cafe . Tour begins right there with a skull made out of a keyboard ( a little unusual:) ). It takes you all over the ship,I had a great time:)

You can also load the art program to other mp3 players. I loaded the art podcast onto my Zune yesterday.

diane

Depends on the music player ... we have Sony players and the proprietary software won't permit download of protected materials.

Archived