Those who've been to Nachi Cocum...

zcm8704

They had everything you will need. They have life vest - I wore one in fact. My DH and I had never snorkeled before and the guide was terrific. He kept asking if we were ok and he had this whistle he would do if we were straying out of range and that would alert us to look up and come back in. He was super!!

Oh, I wish I was going back soon!!

I reserved my spot! Or have I mentioned it already?? Did anybody bring a float when you went? Will they allow you to have your own float? Sorry if I overlooked this if it was mentioned earlier. I went and bought this chair type float, the one that folds down, the spring type float. Let me try and find it. Ahh, there. You can let the air out and fold it. It comes in its own carrier. Anyone ever owned one of these before? They make several kind. Here is the link http://www.swimways.com/springfloat/ I remember reading somewhere that someone took a float to a resort but my goodness, I've read so much, I'm on overload.

Erica

13017H_070_act.jpg

I reserved my spot! Or have I mentioned it already?? Did anybody bring a float when you went? Will they allow you to have your own float? Sorry if I overlooked this if it was mentioned earlier. I went and bought this chair type float, the one that folds down, the spring type float. Let me try and find it. Ahh, there. You can let the air out and fold it. It comes in its own carrier. Anyone ever owned one of these before? They make several kind. Here is the link http://www.swimways.com/springfloat/ I remember reading somewhere that someone took a float to a resort but my goodness, I've read so much, I'm on overload.

Erica

13017H_070_act.jpg

Yes, we took a float with us. Nobody said a word. It was a small blow-up mat with pillow cushion that folded nicely. We used it in the ocean and in the pool. We are taking one with us in Sept.:)

I know this has been asked in previous threads before so please forgive me!

Do we need to bring our own towels?

We are booked for September 18th. Can't wait!

The previous poster answered yes, and I agree. BUT, I will bring my very own towel, not the one issued to me by the cruise line. I read somewhere that they have been in port and have seen cruise line towels being sold because people have left them there. I don't want to pay $22 or however much to replace that towel, so I'll just bring my own. If I should leave it somewhere, then oh well.

easy Sailing you are funny just like me all over this board and undecided I thought you were going to Mr. Sanchos?

I think I am going to Mr. Sanchos because they now have an AI option that we can pay when we get there AND they have ATV's/horseback riding and I want to do both of those and snorkel!

anyway, have a blast and I am telling you once you cruise you will not want to do anything else! believe me it is ADDICTIVE!

contact me if you need any info about cruising I think I am an expert:D what other islands are you going to and what are your plans???

msladyaka@yahoo.com

I'm so shamed. LOL I have been all over the place and I finally made up my mind to go to Nachi. I also went ahead before I changed it and put down the deposit. I figured the next time we come to Cozumel (which will then include my sister and nephew), we could check out Mr. Sanchos. Nachi just seems like it will have far less traffic than Mr. Sanchos and that's what myself and my mother are looking for. That's awesome that they have an AI now. I'll be back next year so I'll enjoy it then. I'm already working on a second cruise.

I am too I actually was trying to book for 2010 but it is too early! I want to do like antiqua, st lucia, or like turks n caichos next time for sure this will be my 3rd time doing western caribbean I just love jamaica and mexico! what are you doing in grand cayman got to do the stingrays

I think I'm attaching a couple of pics from Nachi cocum to get you even more excited about going. We were there on Aug. 12. It was beautiful (as everyone else has said) and very empty that day. Will definitely be going there again next time we're in Cozumel. Let me know if you have any questions!

P8120459.jpg.bc073e0cc6f2be46ca1b4f07e4582fef.jpg

P8120456.jpg.a50677b9932b92b73fadb8cccbb12d26.jpg

P8120490.jpg.890b39b2e04df651225b0272a4e74c50.jpg

Oh rats! I just got an e-mail from Island Marketing saying that Nachi Cocum was not available for us on Sept 27th. We've had reservations for some time. They said they would transfer us over to the Wyndam Resort. It sounds nice. Does anyone know anything about this resort? I'm thinking we will go ahead and do this. It is $55 instead of the $49. It says there is a spectacular beach, 3 pools, all you can drink, a fabulous buffet lunch etc., etc. Just like to know if anyone has been here. Thanks!

I sure hope the weather cooperates for us! We're leaving Monday and should be in Cozumel on Wednesday. I've been looking forwards to this for months now!

Did you check with Carnival to see if there are any port changes? That is awefully close to Hurricane Gustavo. Hopefully it will go on and pass that area quickly so you all will have a wonderful time.

Did you check with Carnival to see if there are any port changes? That is awefully close to Hurricane Gustavo. Hopefully it will go on and pass that area quickly so you all will have a wonderful time.

So far no port changes, we don't leave till Monday and probably won't find out till then if there's any changes. Right now it's looking pretty good that we'll get there!

Oh rats! I just got an e-mail from Island Marketing saying that Nachi Cocum was not available for us on Sept 27th. We've had reservations for some time. They said they would transfer us over to the Wyndam Resort. It sounds nice. Does anyone know anything about this resort? I'm thinking we will go ahead and do this. It is $55 instead of the $49. It says there is a spectacular beach' date=' 3 pools, all you can drink, a fabulous buffet lunch etc., etc. Just like to know if anyone has been here. Thanks![/size']

Did they say why?

We are booked here for October & I'd hate to be changed as we are all so excited about going to Nachi!!

No they did not say why. I'm sure someone probably rented the place out for a special party or wedding or something. I'm sure they would make more money that way. I'm really bummed about it. Now I've got to find someplace else to go.

We just got back from our second trip to Nachi Cocom, and it was exactly the same as the first, namely perfect.

There were only about 15 people there all day, with one child. About noontime, what appeared to be a charter snorkel boat pulled up to the pier and a group of twenty ate lunch under the pavilion, then left. For us, it was perfect, good food, good drinks, great service and, most of all, no pushing of unwanted "extra" services. They described their water sports once when we arrived (and tried to take our picture), but after that, we had five hours of sun, water, and peace.

I had mixed emotions when I looked around and saw so few people there. On the one hand, my wife and I definitely did not miss obnoxious drunks and annoying screaming kids that frequent so many other beaches, but we always wonder if they can keep going with such relatively little business. I do know if our next cruise takes us back to Cozumel, we'll be back again.

And we were very lucky to have been on the Fantasy that got back into port before the current mess in the Gulf.

Have a great time to everyone who has Nachi booked! We had to cancel our reservation since our ship was supposed to leave yesterday and we're not leaving till Wednesday now and missing all our ports. Hopefully we'll have a chance to book there again...in NON-hurricane season!

Oh rats! I just got an e-mail from Island Marketing saying that Nachi Cocum was not available for us on Sept 27th. We've had reservations for some time. They said they would transfer us over to the Wyndam Resort. It sounds nice. Does anyone know anything about this resort? I'm thinking we will go ahead and do this. It is $55 instead of the $49. It says there is a spectacular beach' date=' 3 pools, all you can drink, a fabulous buffet lunch etc., etc. Just like to know if anyone has been here. Thanks![/size']

We decided to go to the Wyndham instead of Nachi Cocom for our trip in May. Our decision was based on the fact that they only allow 40 reservations; which we feel will assure us a relaxing and uncrowded experience.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/CZMGB/main.wnt this is the website for the resort in Cozumel.

Looks pretty good to us. :) The only thing that might be a problem for some is that it is an adult only resort.

Kim

Thank you for the beautiful photographs. They have made me more excited than I already was although I didn't think it was possible. I can't wait to get there. Hurry up November.

Max'smom

I am so sorry that happened to you and i hope you find something you will be equally excited about. I will worry now that this will happen to us

Jo

They did get back to me and said that someone did rent the place out on the day that we were going. We decided not to do the Wyndham....it was more money, they only have draft beer there, and we have two more people that want to go now and I don't think they wanted to pay that much, soooo.........I think we have decided to go to Mr. Sancho's instead. Maybe next time we can go to Nachi. It really looks lilke our kind of place.

DH and I were thinking of going to Nachi for our cruise in 2 weeks - but someone on our roll call has said they have a group of 21 people going! Will it be crowded/noisy? I read somewhere on this post that there is limited shade - if that group arrives before we do, are we out of luck? I'd hate to be out on the sun all day with no palapa/umbrella!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We decided to go to the Wyndham instead of Nachi Cocom for our trip in May. Our decision was based on the fact that they only allow 40 reservations; which we feel will assure us a relaxing and uncrowded experience.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/CZMGB/main.wnt this is the website for the resort in Cozumel.

Looks pretty good to us. :) The only thing that might be a problem for some is that it is an adult only resort.

Where is the info about a day pass? Do they do that? Any idea on price and how much a taxi would be?

TIA!

Where is the info about a day pass? Do they do that? Any idea on price and how much a taxi would be?

TIA!

I believe the daypass for Wyndham is only available thru Island marketing... not thru the hotel... and someone else mentioned wyndham being adult only? I think the website mentions an adult only area...but I am pretty sure children are allowed at the hotel...

We are still trying to decide on where to go for our cruise next Oct.... wyndham looks good...but I keep hearing there is no service...you have to go to the bar for your drink...nah... I wanna be waited on....:D

Archived