What night for Portofino's

I think I posted this originally in the wrong place so I will try here! My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Aug 14 on EOS. I was wondering is there a "best night" to eat at Portofino's...is there a particular night that is less than stellar menu wise at the regular dining room? I know the second night is the first formal and usually one not to miss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Yes- sorry if I was vague..what is the best night to eat at Portofino's on the 9 night eastern caribbean route on EOS?

My point was that it is called Portofino. No S or 'S. lol. I was just teasing you. :D ;)

Hello and welcome to CC. How exciting for you to be taking your first cruise. You will find many people willing to provide useful information on this site.

Please excuse Fitz with his teasing. His main goal is to continually tease people that put an *s* on Portofino.

Now to your question. It would be hard to pick a night where the dining room menu might be less than one hopes for. There is always something good on the menu.

For a new cruiser, you likely would want to be in the DR for your first formal night on a ship. For the rest of the cruise, it would be a toss of a coin. Some folks just want a change of pace about midway through the cruise so 4th or 5th night might be up for consideration.

Not knowing if you have early or late seating is another thing. If it's early and one of your ports departs closer to an early seating time, you might want to book a time at Portofino a little later to allow more port time.

Enjoy your cruise. Be prepared to become addicted to it. :D

Thanks SomeBeach for the info- I just booked PORTOFINO (hope Fitz is reading!!!:rolleyes:) for a night when we leave a port at 2PM- I am so excited about this cruise....our kids are sick of hearing me talk about it....we are taking this trip for our 20th anniversary and it is way overdue for hubby and I to have a vacation together! Thanks again for your input- it made my choice easier!

Any night at Portofino's is great! The ambiance, the service, the attention to the smallest of details and the food is all excellent. You will love it.

And if you find any mistakes FritzLA this is me sticking my tongue out at you - All in good fun.

lion_king_tongue.gif

I think I posted this originally in the wrong place so I will try here! My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Aug 14 on EOS. I was wondering is there a "best night" to eat at Portofino's...is there a particular night that is less than stellar menu wise at the regular dining room? I know the second night is the first formal and usually one not to miss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

:confused: You were not vague your message was clear to me!;)

Ladycruiser, love your response.

Hello and welcome to CC. How exciting for you to be taking your first cruise. You will find many people willing to provide useful information on this site.

Please excuse Fitz with his teasing. His main goal is to continually tease people that put an *s* on Portofino.

Now to your question. It would be hard to pick a night where the dining room menu might be less than one hopes for. There is always something good on the menu.

For a new cruiser, you likely would want to be in the DR for your first formal night on a ship. For the rest of the cruise, it would be a toss of a coin. Some folks just want a change of pace about midway through the cruise so 4th or 5th night might be up for consideration.

Not knowing if you have early or late seating is another thing. If it's early and one of your ports departs closer to an early seating time, you might want to book a time at Portofino a little later to allow more port time.

Enjoy your cruise. Be prepared to become addicted to it. :D

Yes, that is my main goal. Kiss my :D

Gee Fitz, I was only *teasing* you!! :rolleyes:

As lady_cruiser says.........

Sorry, my sense of humor could be harsh sometimes. That is why I ended it with a :D . Kinda like Flo always said Kiss my Grits! ;) :D

Flo? Who?

{more teasing of Fritz:o}

Adrian

Who is Fritz? lol. My name is Fitz, not Fritz. Fritz in the weatherman here in LA. lol. :D ;) There is a lot of teasing going on today.

I have a theory on chosing the "best" night for a specialty restaurant. I always choose a night that we're in port late (like 7 p.m. or later) because, it's been my experience that those nights are the least "special" in the main dining room.

Enjoy your first cruise. You're in for the time of your life! And oh yeah, be prepared to become addicted...:)

Karen

food is a subjective issue..but as food in the dining room has gone WAY down...every night is good night for portofino

Archived