Vancouver hotels?

Island Flower

X sailed from Ballantyne (industrial pier) last summer for our Alaska cruise. Wound up with a suite at the Westin on Robson Street for a great AAA rate with spa discount and free breakfast Took cab to Fish House (great!) and hotel was close to stores and the pier. Good luck - there are many great choices!

Unless they've moved it in the last three years, the Westin (= Bayshore) is not on Robson St nor is it terribly close to stores. Stores would be a good 15 minutes walk, much of which is uphill. However its a lovely hotel. Just saying so others not familiar with Vancouver are not confused. :D

Unless they've moved it in the last three years, the Westin (= Bayshore) is not on Robson St nor is it terribly close to stores. Stores would be a good 15 minutes walk, much of which is uphill. However its a lovely hotel. Just saying so others not familiar with Vancouver are not confused. :D

There are two Westins in Vancouver, the Westin Grand on Robson and the Westin Bayshore by Stanley Park.

Westin "Grand" on Robson.

and now I'm informed also. :D Although I lived in Vancouver most all my life I did not know there was more than one Westin hotel here. Didn't stay in hotels much I guess and when I did I'm not telling. :p

Stayed at The Hampton Inn Downtown at the end of May pre cruise for two nights and post cruise for two nights a fortnight later and would thoroughly recommend it. The staff were really friendly and helpful and disembarking around 08.45 the hotel stored our luggage while we enjoyed sightseeing and it was in our room when we returned at 5pm. We also used the coin laundry on the 16th floor as we were about to embark on a twelve day self drive holiday to Banff, Jasper and Whistler. We used the hop on hop off Big Red Bus to travel round the city. It has a bus stop just outside the hotel. There are seats and tables outside on the sixteenth floor where we sat and enjoyed a glass of wine while using the laundrette.

The Weston Grand on Robson is a great hotel, even though we live in the Vancouver area we sometimes stay downtown if we are doing something special in the evening. So if we can get a rate we often stay there.

The Hampton Inn on Robson is another very good choice and for cruisers as they offer a free shuttle to the cruise terminals, their usual free breakfast and after Scottie Girl's post we may have to start bringing our laundry into town.;)

Both hotels are within walking distance of a number of downtown attractions and lots of restaurants.

Archived