Best Mini Suite on Island Princess

Travelrd

I'm planning on taking the Island Princess on the Panama Canal Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Can some recommend the best mini suite location for me please? I am not interested in one of the breakout mini suite locations though. And I'm interested in a covered or partially covered balcony, definitely not uncovered balcony.

Thank you in advance.

On Island Princess mini-suites on Caribe deck are all covered. There are also ones that are covered on Baja but be careful as some of the ones towrd the bow are not covered right behind the bridge. Click on thumbnail below to see that area of the ship. There are just a couple on Aloha and they are also covered. You can see it all for yourself on the downloadable deck plans on the Princess web-site.

209686921_IslandPrincess.jpg.3a6da758f08f7114a846c05280d1004a.jpg

On Island Princess mini-suites on Caribe deck are all covered. There are also ones that are covered on Baja but be careful as some of the ones towrd the bow are not covered right behind the bridge. Click on thumbnail below to see that area of the ship. There are just a couple on Aloha and they are also covered. You can see it all for yourself on the downloadable deck plans on the Princess web-site.

We had C727 on Island and it was an uncovered mini-suite.C728 was also uncovered.

We had C727 on Island and it was an uncovered mini-suite.C728 was also uncovered.

Thanks, johnmik1, I stand corrected. I did not check my pictures close enough before. The design of the ship makes most of the last balconies on each deck uncovered. On closer looking at my pictures it appears that all of the other balconies toward the aft on Caribe are half covered. It also appears that those on Dolphin in the same area are fully covered. Can someone confirm or clearify this please. Click on the thumbnail below to see this area of Island Princess.

1388932679_IslandPrincessAft.jpg.0411198479b5bb7a7e036748cc175651.jpg

The ones on the Dolphin in the back are covered. i was in D706 and a friend was in D710 and they are covered. The site that I gave above is very correct. It was made by a fellow CC'er and he took a lot of time to design that site. He tells which cabins are covered or not covered.

Marilyn

How was C727? I have this cabin for our Panama Canal next March. We love aft cabins and wanted to be as far aft as we could get. Did you find the uncovered a problem? On our last cruise we had an aft cabin on the Noordam with half coverd. We kept moving our chairs into the uncovered part.:D

Thanks, johnmik1, I stand corrected. I did not check my pictures close enough before. The design of the ship makes most of the last balconies on each deck uncovered. On closer looking at my pictures it appears that all of the other balconies toward the aft on Caribe are half covered. It also appears that those on Dolphin in the same area are fully covered. Can someone confirm or clearify this please. Click on the thumbnail below to see this area of Island Princess.

The last cabin on Dolphin was also uncovered.We were having a drink on our balcony when the male passenger in that cabin decided to put his wet swimsuit out on the balcony to dry,but he did it naked.He never looked up to see if he had privacy.

How was C727? I have this cabin for our Panama Canal next March. We love aft cabins and wanted to be as far aft as we could get. Did you find the uncovered a problem? On our last cruise we had an aft cabin on the Noordam with half coverd. We kept moving our chairs into the uncovered part.:D

It was a bit different as you look straight back and to the side.It was like floating in mid-air when looking back.There is a privacy issue as the people on the rear deck can litterally jump onto your balcony.The people from Baja can look down on the entire balcony.We had it for 15 nights and it was quite rough coming back from Hawaii.Do a search with the cabin # and you will see all kinds of comments.Enjoy!

I can recommend the worst...B503. While it is a great location mid ship hump with a great balcony (fully covered), there is a service door directly across from it and let me tell you it was loud. The worst night was the last night when the crew was offloading luggage - OMG! I was almost in tears it was so loud and disruptive.

We called to complain but obviously there was nothing they could do. I promised myself I would warn others about this cabin. A503 is the same...but one deck up.

We've had a mini-suite on both the Island and her sister ship the Coral. On our Alaska trip on the Coral we were in mini-suite D-712; on our Panama Canal transit we were in mini-suite C-708 on the Island. The only difference was that the balcony on D-712 was totally covered - a good thing for potentially rainy Alaska - while the balcony on C-708 was 2/3 covered and 1/3 not - a nice compromise for someone who doesn't want to sit in the sun all the time. We like the location because it is quiet and while some nights there was some swaying, it never bothered us. It is also close to - but not too close - a laundry room and just a few steps away from the the aft deck (which is frequently empty).

Archived