any good accessible resturants near the piers?

melika091900

any good resturants to get crab near the piers in juneau, ketchikan, or skagway?

we have never been to alaska so im clueless. but my husband said he would love to eat some alaskan king crab in alaska..

any suggestions ?

somewhere easy to get since my mother will be with us and she will be in a wheelchair,

thank you in advance. :)

In Juneau there are restaurants close by...depending on which dock you're at.

Hangar by the Wharf would be my first choice for food and atmosphere...though to be honest I haven't eaten there this season....but its been the same good food and drink for years. From there you can watch the seaplanes come and go..and if either of you are beer drinkers I think they boast having like a 100 beers to choose from, with like 20 on tap....the smaller HAL boats dock right there, so it would be a short distance with the wheelchair

Twisted Fish is another one that is close depending on which ship you're on...but wouldn't be in my top 5 choices because in the past service has been spotty..and the acoustics are terrible in there...again haven't been this season..but I dont think they remodeled the inside between last summer and this summer...when it gets crowded..it gets loud....but if accessability is an issue with the wheelchair...then its a good second choice

Doc Waters is in the same building as the Hangar...again, haven't been there this year...(I need a day off)...but good food...a lil more cramped...and not as good of atmosphere at the Hangar

Hope that helped....hopfully I didn't ramble too much

Absolutely!

In Skagway - as you walk to/from the ship, you can't miss Skagway Fish Co., right at the start of the cruise ship pier. We were walking back at about 6 p.m. (after a long day), looked at eachother and said "do we want to go back to the ship, shower, and get get presentable for dinner? NAH!" I had the King Crab which was excellent. DH's halibut and chips were very good, but not as good as the halibut & chips we had on the dock in Ketchikan (Alaskan Surf).

There's a crab shack right behind parking garage in Juneau. It's accessible because there's no inside. :D Dungeness is in season right now, so it's fresh, and all king crab is frozen, so you might as well get it there.

The Twisted Fish should have some sort of wheelchair ramp somewhere, but there's a set of stairs to the front door, then another inside. Probably one of those embarrassing set-ups where you're rolled around back by the garbage cans, then pushed through the kitchen.

Twisted Fish for sure. loved it-wish i could go back. service was fine.

Skagway-also did the fish anmd chips at the pier. sat at tge bar. many crew( officers) were eating there too.

both meals were wonderful.

We had fish and chips at the Hanger on the Wharf and it was wonderful! The view is great. This was just 2 weeks ago. In 2005 we ate at Annabelle's in Ketchikan and loved it. It is right at the dock toward the left end in an old hotel (Gilbert?). No view but the food was very good. My DH had dungeness crabcakes and said they were the best that he has ever had.

Archived