CB July 1,2008 Itinerary change ?

dance4fun

I'm on the July 1st sailing also.

When we got the email, we were both excited and disappointed. Never been to Tortola, but we had an excursion booked for St. Maarten. I'm assuming we will get reimbursed. The port time changes are weird, but I'm excited that the late time in San Juan might allow for some firework sightings since its the 4th!

When I noticed the shorter time in ports, the earlier departure, and shorter travel to Tortola, I instantly thought it was a gas issue. This could be it, or maybe it really is an engine problem. Who knows. I'm still excited for our trip, and I have a feeling Princess will compensate us for the last minute changes as they have in the past. :)

I'm on the July 1st sailing also.

When we got the email, we were both excited and disappointed. Never been to Tortola, but we had an excursion booked for St. Maarten. I'm assuming we will get reimbursed. The port time changes are weird, but I'm excited that the late time in San Juan might allow for some firework sightings since its the 4th!

When I noticed the shorter time in ports, the earlier departure, and shorter travel to Tortola, I instantly thought it was a gas issue. This could be it, or maybe it really is an engine problem. Who knows. I'm still excited for our trip, and I have a feeling Princess will compensate us for the last minute changes as they have in the past. :)

Please translate.

Just downloaded my documents and the trip changed.

ITINERARY FOR THIS BOOKING

DATE DESTINATION ARRIVE DEPART COMMENTS

Jul 01 NEW YORK, NEW YORK 04:00PM CHECK IN FM 1:00PM-3:00PM ARRIVE AFTER 2:00PMFOR A FASTER CHECK IN

Jul 02 AT SEA

Jul 03 AT SEA

Jul 04 SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 04:00PM 11:00PM

Jul 05 ST. THOMAS, U.S.V.I. 07:00AM 10:00PM

Jul 06 TORTOLA, B.V.I. 07:00AM 01:00PM

Jul 07 GRAND TURK, CAICOS ISLANDS 01:00PM 06:00PM

Jul 08 AT SEA

Jul 09 AT SEA

Jul 10 NEW YORK, NEW YORK 07:15AM

Tortola is now on the list instead of St Maarten

Anyone else seeing this?

Does this help?

Were the 2 cruises going to St. Maarten the only ones with a changed itinerary? I may be wrong, but I would imagine that going to Bermuda could use as much or more fuel than going to St. Maarten.

If the St. Maarten itineraries were the only ones changed, I think it might have more to do with the port rather than fuel. I also don't think that engine problems would effect the July 28th cruise and not the ones prior.

I'm also on the July 28th cruise and I'm disappointed that we are missing St. Maarten, But I am just as happy to be going to Tortola. Hey, I'm more than happy just to be cruising. :D

I was just on the June 13th sailing of the CB. The second to last night, we were awoken by the bridge calling for the emergency assessment team at 2:30am. After 30 minutes, the team was told to "standdown". When we asked the next mornng what was going on, we were told that there was an "issue" with one of the engines. We did notice as well that the AC did not appear to be working in some of the areas. The day we were all in line to go through Club Fusion for customs was very warm. Having said that, we had a wonderful cruise and I will be back on this ship on July 28th for my Mothers 70th B-day cruise, so I am hoping they have the problems with the engine and AC under control by that time.

My daughter is on th CB right now on her honeymoon - She has been

emailing all week. They are having engine problems are still not in

Bermuda today and it's 10:30 already. She says they don't notice anything except for the ports time changes otherwise they wouldn't

know anything is wrong. She is disppointed they aren't in Bermuda

yet as this is her favorite spot.

Dave

They are having engine problems are still not in

Bermuda today and it's 10:30 already. She says they don't notice anything except for the ports time changes otherwise they wouldn't

know anything is wrong. She is disppointed they aren't in Bermuda

yet as this is her favorite spot.

Dave

Sorry to hear this.

Sounds like the CB is limping along.

Hope they get this fixed.

The Grand Class ships have really done well since the Grand came online.

I think their track record is pretty good. :)

You would have to expect problems sometimes with the ship running on and off 24/7. :(

Just a note for you guys sailing on her - My daughter and son-in-law are on their honeymoon as I said and our very shy people - She always sailed

with her parents so we were scared they would be bored on the ship.

Can you believe that. Well the great news is they are having a blast.

Made alot of friends. Weather has been great. Spent over 1000.00 in Puerto Rico in the coach store (hey it's their honeymoon) They love the ship. So for you all sailing on 7/1 if my daughter is not bored and making friends and having fun you are going to have a blast. She was going to MUTS last night. The only thing is I know alot of passengers I'm sure

were looking forward to BERMUDA as their main spot as it's our favorite Island and we've been to them all. Let's hope they make it there but if you look a the kroozs-cam it's still at sea but says headed to Bermuda.

I haven't heard from her today via email so maybe that's good news.

I don't think they will like 3 days at sea going back but it wouldn't bother me at all except I would have loved to gone to HORSEBAY BEACH.

OKAY JUST WANTED TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW THE DRILL.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

DAVE

Hey here's an update. They are in Bermuda and got there at 9:00 a.m.

They are on their way to Horseshoe Bay.

She said the engine was fixed in San Juan so you guys are set.

Have a great cruise. I can't wait for mine.

Dave

YEAH THEY ARE IN BERMUDA!!!!!

I read on another thread that it is a problem with delays in the dredging at St. Maarten that has changed the itineraries on both CB cruises that were scheduled to stop there. They are dredging to accommodate the larger Royal Caribbean ships that are being built. Sorry I cannot remember where I read it, but that would explain why both of those cruises are affected.

Archived