Guys?? How to pack suits?

uofmrocky

I know this sounds ridiculous..but i'm not really interested in taking more than one bag for myself. Does anyone have any good ideas on how you packed your suit for the 2 formal nights? It is our first cruise so i want to take advantage of all entertainment. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I also use a garmet bag, but my cotton clothes still get wrinkled. There are irons in the laundry rooms that are free to use if you need one. I usually stop in there on the first day when there isn't a lot to do and iron my shirts.

Hi uofmrocky:) First cruise, I just packed suit case as usual stacking the suit coat and pants in the suitcase...on the second cruise I rolled all my clothing as I put them in the suit case. Yes, I even rolled DH suit coat and pants! I thought if they wrinkled I'd just use the ship's iron.....for both cruises the suit came out fine...no wrinkles...I was actually quite surprised:)

I put my husband's suit on a hanger in a plastic dry cleaning bag and fold it in half on top of everything else......never had a problem with wrinkles.

I also do my dress clothes the same way only in a seperate plastic bag.

Dianne

... It is our first cruise so i want to take advantage of all entertainment. ..

Don't pack the suit; it is not required for any of the meals or entertainment.

I have used a garment bag and have folded and packed into luggage. When we drove to the port, we didn't mind having an extra garment bag. When flying to the port, we make a bigger effort to limit the number of bags.

We've just gently folded my DH's suit and gently laid it on top of everything else in the suitcase and it does fine. The dress shirts get a little wrinkled, but if you hang them when you unpack and spritz with Downy Wrinkle Release, they are fine by formal night. Target has travel sizes of the Wrinkle Release now. :D

Place pants on hanger in plastic dry cleaning bag. Then place pants in plastic inside suit jacket/blazer and place jacket inside of plastic dry cleaning bag. Place on top of other shirts, pants, etc. in folding garment bag. Will prevent wrinkles

Place pants on hanger and put inside plastic dry cleaning bag. Place pants in plastic on inside of suit jacket/blazer and place blazer w/pants in another plastic dry cleaning bag. Place suit on top of other items in garment bag.

I know this sounds ridiculous..but i'm not really interested in taking more than one bag for myself. Does anyone have any good ideas on how you packed your suit for the 2 formal nights? It is our first cruise so i want to take advantage of all entertainment. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Like others said I usually use a garment bag for my suit. I have carried it in my main luggage, if it is in the plastic bag it should not wrinkle too bad.

I put my husband's suit on a hanger in a plastic dry cleaning bag and fold it in half on top of everything else......never had a problem with wrinkles.

I also do my dress clothes the same way only in a seperate plastic bag.

Dianne

I am thinking of trying this method for hubby's next time

Uh? Your DHs don't pack for themselves?

I only bring one sport coat, one white dress shirt (yes, I wear a t-shirt underneath), one pair of khaki pants and two ties. The different ties makes it look like I'm wearing different outfits each day. This saves me lots of room for other stuff.

I only bring one sport coat, one white dress shirt (yes, I wear a t-shirt underneath), one pair of khaki pants and two ties. The different ties makes it look like I'm wearing different outfits each day. This saves me lots of room for other stuff.

That's almost the same as I'm doing except I decided on two different colored shirts.

Wow thanks all!! I didn't know I was going to get so many repsones. Also does anyone know how much pressing costs on the ship?

$3.75

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Laundry_Services.aspx

Here is the complete list

Laundry Services In addition to self-service launderettes on each ship, there is a valet laundry service on board; dry cleaning is not available. Following is the price list; this service is handled through the room Steward:

Mens Item Wash Press; Press Only

Suit 2-Piece: n/a; $7.00

Suit 3-Piece: n/a; $8.00

Jacket: $5.00; $3.75

Blazer: $5.00; $3.75

Over Coat: $8.00; $6.00

Trousers: $5.00; $4.00

T-Shirt: $2.00; $1.50

Shorts: $4.00; $3.00

Under Shorts: $2.00; $1.50

Track Suit: $7.00; $5.00

Pajamas: $4.00; $3.00