Regal Express "Fam Trip" offer REALLY?

artistsj

Hi, I just got an offer to take a free cruise, 2 nights, on Regal Express Cruise. It includes $1700 to purchase 7 nights in FL, Ramada Plaza rresorts in Ft. Luaderdale and Magical Orlando, FL. Is this a scam? Has any one ever excetped this type of offer? What happened? They want my answer when I call them. If it sounds to good to be true I say it is too good to be true, but I thought I should run it by the experienced travelers.

SJ:confused:

The cruise on the Regal Empress by the Imperial Majestic Cruise Line.

A friend here at work leaves tomorrow for the exact same thing (5 days in Orlando plus 2 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale).

I found out about it yesterday and am biting my tongue as I believe it is a scam, but I will wait until she gets back and I hear it all from her.

First, Ramada told her it was a Carnival line, which it isn't in any way, shape, or form.

Second, I googled it and the first several hits were all about it being a scam or the poor quality of the boat.

It sounds great on the surface but once she got into the details I went huh? She has to sit through a time-share offer for all of it. Plus the flights they booked her on depart MCO 5 hours after the ship arrives in Ft. Lauderdale (it's a 3-4 hour drive from there at least).

The ship is old, built in the 50s I believe. When it was leaving from Port Manatee we went on it several times years ago.

If you have to fly to it or pay any money for it I'm sure you could do it on your own cheaper on a better ship.

Hi, I just got an offer to take a free cruise, 2 nights, on Regal Express Cruise. It includes $1700 to purchase 7 nights in FL, Ramada Plaza rresorts in Ft. Luaderdale and Magical Orlando, FL. Is this a scam? Has any one ever excetped this type of offer? What happened? They want my answer when I call them. If it sounds to good to be true I say it is too good to be true, but I thought I should run it by the experienced travelers.

SJ:confused:

Run away! Run away! :eek:

STAY AWAY. I just returned from a Regal Empress cruise, and it was awful, horrible, disgusting, gross, scary, and yucky. Do not go on the regal empress. We also saw the Ramada hotel in FLL because we had to pick up the cruise certificate for god knows what reason, and it is not a resort, its a crummy hotel, and I went on sidestep and priced it. For midweek, you can actually get it for $33 dollars a day.

I wrote a review in the Imperial Majesty forum on CC, and you'll see why I hated it. I'm glad we enjoyed our condo in the Keys before the cruise, because if it was just the cruise, or we stayed at that hotel, it would have been a horrible vacation.

So like an above poster said, 'Run Forest, Run!'

Here is a link to my review, also posted in it is pictures of the cruise BOAT: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=796682

If it was just the cruise, I might do it...But the $1700 for the hotel and timeshare talk...You will likely have to pay taxes and port charges, and the whole total will show up as income you will have to pay taxes on next year...EM

I got an offer from this company last year. The trip included, 4 days Disney, 3 days Vegas or Cancun and the 3 day cruise. They told me the cruise would be on Regal, Imperial, Carnival or RC, and was there choice to select which ship. Having only been on the Imagination, I asked which Carnival ship was a possibility.They couldn't even name a Carnival ship. When I asked could you pay extra to select the ship of your choice, was told no. While on the phone, I was doing surfing the web and found the information on it being a scam, the poor conditions of the ship and it being an offbrand, older ship, which I brought to the agents attention. Havent heard from them since.

If it was just the cruise, I might do it...But the $1700 for the hotel and timeshare talk...You will likely have to pay taxes and port charges, and the whole total will show up as income you will have to pay taxes on next year...EM

Trust me, you wouldn't even want to do just the cruise, its not worth it at all.

Archived