Help!!! Upgrade Advice Needed Asap!!!

LAXCRUISER

Hi all- we are on a ten day HAL Noordam cruise in Europe this summer. Are in an SA (two adults, one teenager). Have been offered an SC upgrade for $1500.00 for the three of us. Our favorite location, of course.... Does that sound like any kind of bargain (after we have already shelled out beaucoup bucks for the cruise already....?) ??? Any advice is appreciated.

Hi all- we are on a ten day HAL Noordam cruise in Europe this summer. Are in an SA (two adults, one teenager). Have been offered an SC upgrade for $1500.00 for the three of us. Our favorite location, of course.... Does that sound like any kind of bargain (after we have already shelled out beaucoup bucks for the cruise already....?) ??? Any advice is appreciated.

Do you mean you have been offered to go from an SC to an SA? Which deck are you on now? The big difference if moving to deck 7 is that you would be near the Neptune lounge.

Hmm - I'm confused - I don't think HAL would normally describe moving from an SA to an SC as an upgrade.:confused:

If what you have is a corner aft SC, you might want to hang onto it. IMHO, on a summer cruise with a teenager, the extra balcony space and wraparound wake view would be worth more than the extra cabin space and proximity to the Neptune that you would have in an SA.

On the other hand, if what you have is an SA, I certainly would not pay $1500 more to be in the corner aft SC. The balcony is great, but it's not worth paying $1500 AND moving farther away from the Neptune and to a smaller cabin.

So either way, I guess I'd say no. But only you can decide whether the switch is worth the $$ to you.

Ooops - I am offered an SC move from an SY category. I was so preoccupied when I first wrote, I screwed it up. We are now in an SY and were offered SA or SC - the SC is in an aft cabin, which we love...... Sorry to mislead - hopefully you all will readdress the issue for me??? Thanks

Ooops - I am offered an SC move from an SY category. I was so preoccupied when I first wrote, I screwed it up. We are now in an SY and were offered SA or SC - the SC is in an aft cabin, which we love...... Sorry to mislead - hopefully you all will readdress the issue for me??? Thanks

Is HAL offering both the SC and SA for the same $1500 amount? If so, that doesn't make sense, as I would think HAL would ask more to go to SA than to go to SC.

OMG - TAKE IT! I would gladly pay $1500 for an upgrade from an SY to a corner aft SC on a 10-day cruise - you not only get the aft balcony, you also get all the suite perks, including the free laundry. And the SC is bigger than an SY. TAKE IT! And enjoy!!

Having booked an SY and being offered an upgrade to an SA is great. Sorry to say, only you can make the decision if it's worth $1500 more for some extra room. I don't even know if having an aft cabin would justify the money for me. How much would you use the lounge?

When they offer you an upgrade, do they tell you the cabin you'll be assigned to? I'd be afraid I'd get an SA that is in the worst possible place that no one else would book. You may be better to stay with your SA.

There is a difference in brochure rate between SC and SA. What is the amount of the difference?

Why would you pay $1,500 for a less pricey cabin when you can have the higher value one?

Archived