Saxman Village or Totem Bight???

BarbaB

The day of the week will make a difference. Our Saxman tour was on a Sunday. The carving building was open, but no one was working on a totem. There were a couple of young men there, but they were just doing other work. Like KK, we've been to both Saxman and Totem Bight and enjoyed both.

The day of the week will make a difference. Our Saxman tour was on a Sunday. The carving building was open, but no one was working on a totem. There were a couple of young men there, but they were just doing other work. Like KK, we've been to both Saxman and Totem Bight and enjoyed both.

You are right about Sunday.

We were both on weekdays.

Thanks! We will be on the Westerdam, so it will be Friday when we visit Ketchikan. Since DH just said "I know how they are made" to which I answered "carved", I guess maybe we'll go to Totem Bight:D

Thanks again

Barb

We did Saxman and Lumberjack Show when we were 2 years ago and really enjoyed both. Besides seeing all the Totem Poles, and visiting the carving room, there was a wonderful program/show by the residents. The Lumberjack show was directly across from where the ship docked. Yes it was a bit theatrical, but when else are you going to see something like that? It was fun!

Enjoy!

Archived