Question for Ask4Jay--site lines on cabin 6090

MomC

WE currently have a courtesy hold on cabin 6090 at the back of the Journey--based on your picture and your raving about the deck. I read in another post, however, that there is a blockage of the view because of the hull of the ship. Could you please weigh in on this observation?

Mom C

Hi Mom C -

Please go to our picture and look for "Various Ship Details". Look at picture #26. As you can see, all aft balconies are 'framed' by the ship's hull. If you stand just inside the cabin by the sliding door, you have a beautiful view straight back, as in picture #13. (You have to bring your own bottle). You'll see that on the left side you lose about a foot of view. Of course, the closer you get to the railing, the wider your field of vision will be. Standing at the railing you have greater than 180 degree view from left to right, as in picture #37. Hope this helps.

511700100_FLASunset-1.jpg.7e17f05e518725fde41b3332e0a7dbd2.jpg

Thanks so much for your reply. Now I am having trouble finding the pictures you speak of. When I click on the site, I only get the gorgeous sunset but no other pictures. HELP!!!

BTW, I booked cabin 6090 yesterday, so it's a done deal. But I still would like to look at the photos you speak of.

Mom C

Juergen,

Thank you so much for your wonderful pictures. I am sure we will be very happy with the aft cabin per your recommendation. The shower looks teeny, tiny but we have made do with those before.

Your pictures are very helpful. Is there a specific reason why you take such detailed pictures? While they are most helpful to me, I was wondering if you were a travel agent or someone who uses them in your work.

Mom C

We had 6090 on the Royal Princess(similar ship) last Nov. The way the hull slanted and picture framed your view it was wonderful... It was an awesome view from inside the cabin when we were dressing for dinner or even lying on the bed.. Since we were on a port intensive Holy Land cruise we had no time for relaxing on the balcony.....

It was great for other reasons as well, close to the dining room and closer to the water than those balconies above...also on deck 10 or11 the cafe is on the AFT so you could still get a differnt perspective.....I love to have the AFT view when leaving a port.

Mom C -

I am glad that my pictures were/are helpful to you.

Why do I take pix? Various reasons.

I am the record keeper and chronicler in our family, which includes taking pictures. (No scrap booking though). I retired after 33 years as an airline employee, but my first love, well, my second love, is the sea. My DW is first. We never had time to travel by ship; way too slow. (Had to get over 'there' and back within a long weekend.) Now we have discovered 'tux-free' cruising and flexible dining. No, I am not a travel agent. I have always made my own travel arrangements.

I have been on this board for about four years now and I have seen so many questions about technical aspects of the ships, that I decided to just go ahead, take some pix and put them up as a collection. Such as the sandals in the shower. How else can you demonstrate the size? Did you notice the additional drain just outside the shower? Go ahead and splash! My pix are my contribution to the CC community.

Thanks so much for taking the time to take the pictures and for answering my e mails. These message boards are a wealth of information. No wonder I check them daily for the cruises that we are going on. It's fun and I learn so much. I am always saying to my husband (once we are aboard), "Such and such is what I read about on the cruise critic message boards.

Mom C

Archived