Which ship

Although I have cruised many times on the Black Prince I think she is past her sell-by date. I'm not madly keen on the Braemar. It is a close run thing between the Black Watch and the Boudicca. Perhaps the Boudicca is marginally better. I haven't yet been on the Balmoral but am booked for a cruise on that ship in September. Happy cruising.

Fred Olsen 22

P&O 3

Cunard 1

I have only cruised on the Balmoral but I had a wonderful time. I had been on the ship 12 times before when she was the Crown Odyssey. It is the largest ship in FO's fleet but still small by todays standards. Good Luck!

I've only cruised on Braemar (with Fred Olsen), but I really enjoyed it a lot. I blogged from the cruise, here:

http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/category/braemar/

Although I've never been on Black Prince I too have heard cautionary words about her - very small and very old, over 40 years. (Having said that, she was apparently an excellent small multi-function ship when first built.)

The main thing is the line's policies and their approach, and we really like the way Fred Olsen do things. We're having a P&O year this year, but I think we'll be back to Fred Olsen before too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I've never been on Black Prince I too have heard cautionary words about her

- very small and very old, over 40 years. ===> She entered service 1966

I get to see a fair number of cruise ships

because I live here on Barbados and maintain a cruise ships website

(URL below in my signature block)

but when this thing sailed in, I couldn't believe the Bridge on it, for starters!

BPrince-79.jpg

compared to ships her age (Saga Rose,1965!) she looks quite outdated.

BPrince-98.jpg

=====================================

Here's Saga Rose -still absolutely gorgeous!

SagaRose-62.jpg

SagaRose-48.jpg

Hi, We have only sailed on P & O and we are thinking of trying Fred Olsen, can anyone tell me which ship is the best?

Both my wife and I have just turn sixty and have taken early retirement.

Many thanks

Phil:)

Hi Phil

Depending on the itinerary you're looking at why not look at some of the American ships - I think Celebrity is definitely on a par with P&O and with the $ being the currency on board is obviously a bargain for us Brits at the moment.

IMO FO is probably 3 -4 star compared to P&O & Celebrity being 4 & 5 star.

I think you'd enjoy it.

Pat:D

White Star,

Many thanks for the great photos of Balmoral, both of us were very impressed with them. I think you have helped make our minds up we just need to decide on the itinerary (easier said than done)

Pat (Deeliteful)

We have 2 criuses booked with P.O. so we are ready for a change and we will certainly look at the Celebrity, but I think F.O. will be favourite, a new excuse for another cruise if one is needed.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information/experiences with us it is much appreciated

Phil

countdown.pl?name=&date=8-1-2008&image=venice&text=&ship=Venturacountdown.pl?name=&date=2-6-2009&image=panamacanal&text=&ship=Oceana

Hi aplmac

Had a look at your web page and you have the start of a great place to look at about Barbados.

When we come we go to the beach near Barbados Grand Hotel, can you tell me the name of the beach, we get drinks from the hotel.

We will be their 1 Nov 2008 but will fly out on that day as well.

c u later

I get to see a fair number of cruise ships

because I live here on Barbados and maintain a cruise ships website

(URL below in my signature block)

but when this thing sailed in, I couldn't believe the Bridge on it, for starters!

BPrince-79.jpg

compared to ships her age (Saga Rose,1965!) she looks quite outdated.

BPrince-98.jpg

=====================================

Here's Saga Rose -still absolutely gorgeous!

SagaRose-62.jpg

SagaRose-48.jpg

Archived