Any info on "high tea/ tea time?"

caliseas

We will be sailing on the Pride in November. I have read a few comments about Carnival having a "tea time" on sea days. Any info on this? Is it a formal "high tea" or just a casual "tea time"? Do all Carnival ships have it? Does it cost extra?

Just curious if anyone has any helpful info on this...

Thanks!!

Happy cruising!:p

They've held it around 3:30 in the afternoon on sea days on our cruises. They serve tea with finger sandwiches and pastries (the scones are wonderful). It's not a dress-up tea, but they do have a classical trio playing during tea. There's no extra cost.

We will be sailing on the Pride in November. I have read a few comments about Carnival having a "tea time" on sea days. Any info on this? Is it a formal "high tea" or just a casual "tea time"? Do all Carnival ships have it? Does it cost extra?

Just curious if anyone has any helpful info on this...

Thanks!!

Happy cruising!:p

Be sure to get there well before the start time because the seats fill up quickly.

I thought they would serve the finger foods right away. We waited til almost 3:50 to be served and had to leave five minutes later in order to make the galley tour at 4:00.

They serve those on a cart thats pushed around, it does take a while to get to you. My thread above has those pictures.

Fred

I enjoy 'tea time' on all my cruises, and look forward to it. I've had clotted cream on the side w/scones, as well as w/lemon curd. It seems a bit different on each ship. The petit fours are always very good, as are the tea sandwiches.

Tea is served in one of the lounges. Seems a bit strange to me to be wearing shorts at 'tea'. I've always enjoyed the quiet rendering of a pianist or trio, with all the amenities of High Tea, including white glove service. I've never seen the tea sandwiches, etc. on a cart, but served from a silver platter w/silver tongs to my plate. :) ENJOY!

While on Triumph myself and DD were at the pool area when tea time came around. We decided we wanted to go to it. We put our cover-ups on and went down to where it was. When we got there both of our mouths dropped open :eek: and we turned and went back out. Everyone in there was dressed in very nice casual attire...boy did we feel out of place.

In Sept. I plan to be more prepared to go to tea time and enjoy it. ;)

It was one of the nicest things that my husband and I did on our cruise - it is not to be missed. They only do it on sea days (but not all sea days) and is usually around 3:00 or 3:30. It was very well done and the pastries and sandwiches were outstanding. There is not extra charge. Enjoy!:)

I've never been to a tea....on a cruise ship or otherwise!

Can someone tell me that names of the food in the pictures and what they're made of please?

It looks yummy and maybe I'll try and go to tea time.

While on Triumph myself and DD were at the pool area when tea time came around. We decided we wanted to go to it. We put our cover-ups on and went down to where it was. When we got there both of our mouths dropped open :eek: and we turned and went back out. Everyone in there was dressed in very nice casual attire...boy did we feel out of place.

You dont have to dress, most people including myself were in Shorts and T-shirts.

Fred

We did it on every sea day on our cruise on the Glory last month and it was one of our favorite parts of the cruise.

They held it in the Ivory Bar and had soft music playing. They came around with tea pots and a tea chest with a few different varities of tea, finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, strawberries and whipped cream, and they also had AMAZING cakes (I'm talking huge slices of the kinds of cake they served up on the Promenade deck for $4...the cheesecake was my favorite).

It was a nice, quiet way to wind down an afternoon :)

I am hoping they do this on Conquest also. I have always wanted to do a tea. I need to pay closer attention to the capers next time.:rolleyes:

It is indeed on the Conquest.. At the cigar bar tho at tea time it is non smoking.. It is delightful as all the posters above said..

Well, you would've felt at home with the family that was on our Glory sailing. I detailed that in my review.

We didn't go on the 1st sea day, just the 2nd. It was a pretty sparse crowd. The classical trio was quite good. Unfortunately, young-ish mom and dad came in in their pool clothes, sat right next to the trio, with the very young DD & DS who crawled all over the furniture and screamed (they were "just playing") and generally acted as though they were alone in their kitchen.

:mad:

Sure, they entitled to be there, but my question was WHY would you want to go to tea unless you were actually interested in the whole experience. They were just totally oblivous to everyone else and it was so incredibly rude to the musicians. I mean, it's not like they couldn't find anything else to eat!

It was very crowded on Miracle. Prior to that, on Fantasy & Elation, it wasn't crowded at all. Haven't seen any clotted cream.

Archived