Any info on "high tea/ tea time?"

caliseas

We had tea on the Fantasy-class ships. It was held in the piano bar and had piano music rather than the trio. Of course, that was 1-1/2 years ago, so I'm not sure what it will be like in December. And we have 2 sea days (first time for that on a 5-day), so not sure whether it will be offered both sea days or not.

I drink several cups of tea, every day, 365 days a year. Unless I'm travelling and can't make a "decent" cup. Then I won't bother. So I'm not that thrilled with the actual tea during tea time on the ship. But at least they've had milk available the past two cruises (cream is just too heavy). Now, if they could just have boiling water!

But the treats sure are yummy!

We did it on every sea day on our cruise on the Glory last month and it was one of our favorite parts of the cruise.

They held it in the Ivory Bar and had soft music playing. They came around with tea pots and a tea chest with a few different varities of tea, finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, strawberries and whipped cream, and they also had AMAZING cakes (I'm talking huge slices of the kinds of cake they served up on the Promenade deck for $4...the cheesecake was my favorite).

It was a nice, quiet way to wind down an afternoon :)

I also loved tea on the Glory.

I also had tea on Ecstasy and Sensation which was still nice.

But last week on Holiday, the service at tea was so nonexistent that I just left.

I suppose I could have called someone over and asked for what I wanted, but it just wasn't worth the effort, if you know what I mean.

You dont have to dress, most people including myself were in Shorts and T-shirts.

Fred

There were a few with T-shirts...Most had on nice cargo shorts...some ladies in capris...and nice shirts. I felt very out of place with my flip-flops and swimsuits with a cover-up on.

I thought with it being a sea day I would see more of the swim wear w/ cover-up in there but I didn't. That was o.k. I learned something new from going there. (the one reason I went was to try the pastires that I had seen in your review) Now I know to go down to my room and change before I go in there and indulge. ;)

Well, you would've felt at home with the family that was on our Glory sailing. I detailed that in my review.

We didn't go on the 1st sea day, just the 2nd. It was a pretty sparse crowd. The classical trio was quite good. Unfortunately, young-ish mom and dad came in in their pool clothes, sat right next to the trio, with the very young DD & DS who crawled all over the furniture and screamed (they were "just playing") and generally acted as though they were alone in their kitchen.

:mad:

Sure, they entitled to be there, but my question was WHY would you want to go to tea unless you were actually interested in the whole experience. They were just totally oblivous to everyone else and it was so incredibly rude to the musicians. I mean, it's not like they couldn't find anything else to eat!

It was very crowded on Miracle. Prior to that, on Fantasy & Elation, it wasn't crowded at all. Haven't seen any clotted cream.

No I would not have felt at home because I would have done the same thing. I had enough class about me to walk back out when I noticed that nobody else was dressed that way. (One other couple would have made no difference to us...we did not want to draw attention to ourselves) My DD is 18 not a small child and when my children were small I NEVER would allow them to act that way...at home or in public. (I would bust their little bottoms if they did) I agree with you...it was not only rude to the musicians but to everyone else in the room. (Camp Carnival time) As for dinner...we dress appropriately. (I read your review).

........But last week on Holiday, the service at tea was so nonexistent that I just left.

:eek: Really?! That very much surprises me! I've been to Tea Time each Holiday cruise (5 cruises on her), whenever it was offered. It's always been held in the Piano Bar, with a pianist playing softly.

The service has been impeccable each time, and never found it full of folks on any day. Nice, quiet, rarely any children; a lovely way to spend about a half hour of the cruise.:)

When we were on the Ecstasy in January TeaTime was on Seadays at 3pm. It is not 'HighTea' it is considered "LowTea" from what I understand. And yes, it was casual, not swim suit casual, but street clothes, I did not see anyone 'dressed up' except for a table of RedHat ladies on the Last sea day.

A variety of hot Teas were available (only teas, I did not see any offer of coffee or lemonade) and the attendents came around (rather slowly at times) with trays of cookies, tartletts, finger sandwiches and other little bites.

We loved it, it was a nice quiet relaxing time to just be together with out a lot of the 'cruise noise' that is up on deck and look forward to attending again in September on our next cruise!

I hope the Fascination has Tea Time! Debi

All of Carnival's ships have Tea Time on sea day afternoons around 3 or 3:30. Yep, check the Capers for the time and location. Enjoy.:)

always on the Holiday on my past 12 ..but cold or rainy out..the crowds pile in..go early if the case..tables are teeny and low, as it is in Ricks Cafe'..but very nice service, and tasty items...53 more days till "T" time for me..lucky

And people think we only drink it sweet in NC. We also have a nice tea room in Wake Forest downtown. DD8 and I will sneak away to tea together and will dress up, half the fun. She will also want to bring her American Girl, a very light eater;) It will be our Mommy daughter time alone without DS6 and DD4. They are best left with DH by the pool.

And people think we only drink it sweet in NC. We also have a nice tea room in Wake Forest downtown. DD8 and I will sneak away to tea together and will dress up, half the fun. She will also want to bring her American Girl, a very light eater;) It will be our Mommy daughter time alone without DS6 and DD4. They are best left with DH by the pool.

I am from NC and do only drink sweetened iced tea.:p But, I would like to experience tea time at sea. I am considering going but if I do, I will be the adult that asks for lemonade.:rolleyes:

Archived