Caribbean Princess Engine Problems

David21

We had an awesome time!

We were off the ship by 7:25 am and home by 10 am.

The ship did sail slower in between ports at about 18

to 19.5 knots. But during the storm we had yesterday

and last night the CB sailed right through and docked

earlier than expected.

The food, shows and crew were all wonderful. And

even though we didn't get to spend as much time

in Bermuda as we would have liked to (it's the reason

we choose this cruise) we still had a wonderful time.

Dave21, I believe I spoke to your daughter yesterday

standing at the reception desk. You have probably

spoke to her by now. She mentioned that her parents

had been on 70 cruises and she had been on 16.

Was that her? She appeared to be doing very well

and getting around.

All of us passengers knew that the ship was sailing

at a slower speed and other than getting less time

in the ports it was hardly noticeable. I am sure that

everyone traveling on the CB today will have a

wonderful time as we did.

We had an awesome time!

earlier than expected.

and getting around.

We had an awesome time!

earlier than expected.

and getting around.

We just returned from that sailing. It was indeed a rough sailing. We heard from more than one crew member that there was also a problem with the Stabilizers.

Still loved the Cruise however :D

Hi Anne!!

It was great meeting both you and Bob. It was definitely a very rough trip but we all still had a great time.

I did not read through all of the posts, so I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but we did receive $75 shipboard credit per person for all of the issues with the itinerary. The only issue we had was in San Juan where we sat in traffic for 3 hours and moved 6 blocks and then they cacelled our excursion to the rainforest. A major bridge is under construction (apparently has been for the last 2 weeks) and there is some serious traffic problems. Had Princess cancelled this excursion before we left, we would have had time to walk to Old San Juan or do something else. Oh well...the weather was great and we took advantage of it!!!

Full review to follow later!

Mindi:D

I'm waiting to hear from David again. Was it all a mistake and maybe there isn't an engine problem?:rolleyes:

let us know ASAP when you get a chance.

My first cruise and now I'm a little scared and restless:eek:

Yes, a generator is not working so one engine is down. Do not be scared!!! Other than a little itinerary tweaking and less time than I would have liked in Bermuda, it did not impact the cruise at all. We made it to all of the ports. The crew is fabulous, the food is great. This was my parents' first cruise, and they are already asking about when they can take their next one!!!

You will have a terrific time...go and enjoy!!

Mindi:D

I think the CC message board is having more problems than the CB right now. What is with all the triple posts?

Posters are impatient. They click on submit a few times if it hangs.

Only need to click once. If it seems like it's taking too long. Open up another window and see if the post went through. It usually there.

Yes that probably was my daughter - sounds like her.

Long blonde hair - pretty girl - husband with spike hair.

Yes she got off the ship at 7:15 and was home by 8:30.

They had an awesome time but did say it was a rough ride home yesterday. For me it wouldn't bother me. She said she was in the computer room with a crew guy and he even looked out because he got

nervous because the ship tilted. All and all she loved the ship - She sailed

on the CB with me 2 years ago out of Florida. They got 75.00 OBC back so that was nice. They were just disappointed with the short hours in Bermuda but hey things happen. She would go back in a heart beat.

Her husband said though there was alot of things to do (sounds like him) and wants to go on the Freedom of the Seas - Mind you they are both 22 and active so you know how that goes. Yes there is still an engine problem but it doesn't sound like a big deal if they were in rough seas and got in early today. So everyone on 7/1 is going to have a great cruise and just let's hope they don't have their ports shortened. But my thoughts are any cruise is better than no cruise and a day in work.

I'm still laughing that you saw my daughter wow small world. They had a suite and said they LOVED IT.

Dave

But my thoughts are "any cruise is better than no cruise and a day in work."

I'm still laughing that you saw my daughter wow small world. They had a suite and said they LOVED IT. Dave

I totally agree Dave. ;)

Glad that she was fine and had a wonderful time.

Yes, it truly is a small world.

Other than the shortening of the Bermuda stop it

was a wonderful cruise and the weather couldn't

have been better other than last night.

All the ports were no more than 80 - 85 degrees.

I'd do the CB again in a heartbeat.

Dave ~~

You sound more revealed today....:)

Glad to hear your DD & SIL had a great time.

Yes she got off the ship at 7:15 and was home by 8:30.

Yes there is still an engine problem but it doesn't sound like a big deal if they were in rough seas and got in early today.

Although the ship has 6 engines I believe only 2 of the 6 are tied to propulsion while the other 4 are used to generate power, etc.

The CB was scheduled for dry dock this past April which Princess delayed as they wanted to do more upgrading/improvements to the ship than time would allow in the dry dock time slot they had scheduled.

Usually engine maintenace is one of tasks taken into consideration when scheduling a dry dock. Much like the maintenance we are supposed to do on our automobile engines at a stated mileage so aren't the diesel engines aboard ship to be maintained at a stated time or nautical miles to prevent some problems. Maybe delaying the engine maintenance resulted in the problem as the current itienirary is over 3,000 nautical miles which is no walk around the park.

I was told by a few crew members ( I was on the June 22nd sailing) that the reason they didn't go into dry dock was because the ship was rented out for private parties...and that they will go into dry dock in January.

I have only been on 5 cruises but this was without a doubt the most a ship has ever rocked for us. I never did get sick or even feel queasy. Most people seemed to be going about their business. The pools got out of control and had to be closed.

I was with my wife at the pool where the movie screen is and the pool looked like a wave pool at a amusement park. The kids were loving it...then it started getting crazy and one giant wave through 4 kids completely out of the water. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it.

They shut the pool down immediately after that and parents were scrambling to grab their kids out of the water. I was sitting about 5 feet from the water and got completely soaked...lol

There were rumors around the ship that one engine was down but I never heard an official word about it.

One funny thing was when looking out the window an looking at the sea with very high waves and on the Princess TV they were listing the seas as "slight". I was saying to my wife if this was slight I don't want to ever see "rough". We had a great cruise.....

we were on one of those rain forest busses as well. We were turned around when the passengers took over and took a vote... one over for a majority vote. I spoke with some others that got on one of the first busses (1:50) and they made it there. They were fortunate enough to get a driver that knew alternate roads. Princess really botched this on return to the ship. Not happy at all with how they handle excursions and port information.

I beg to differ. After spending thousands of dollars on a vacation and getting the run around I have the right not to just smile like a simpleton and make the best of it. The people in customer service can at least be honest about what is going on. I have a cruise scheduled for the end of July and they told me the itinerary was changed due to weather. Sorry, I'm just not that forgiving. I don't intend to yell at anyone but I'm also not going to just say thank you and can I give you even more of my hard earned money.

:confused: How can they know now what the weather will be like at the end of July - wish they would have forseen the gas price increase as well as they can forcast the weather - they could have locked in a good price:D

Guess I must be a simpleton.

:confused: How can they know now what the weather will be like at the end of July - wish they would have forseen the gas price increase as well as they can forcast the weather - they could have locked in a good price:D

I am a simpleton, your a simpleton. :D

Looks like we are all simpletons. :rolleyes:

I totally agree Dave. ;)

Glad that she was fine and had a wonderful time.

Yes, it truly is a small world.

Other than the shortening of the Bermuda stop it

was a wonderful cruise and the weather couldn't

have been better other than last night.

All the ports were no more than 80 - 85 degrees.

I'd do the CB again in a heartbeat.

Great excuse to book another cruise:D :D

Archived