For folks travelling to the US - ESTA

Hi,

We still needed to fill out the green form earlier this month. No-one asked for ESTA info from us. Only problem we had was that the bottom half of the green form should have been taken by the check in staff at the pier in Miami. When we debarked Jewel we had a brief conversation with the border control as the forms were still in the passports; he took the original green slip and gave us new entry ones.

I imagine the ESTA info is logged remotely in the US and matched up with the passport when it's scanned.

Heads up though : there are sites charging for the ESTA form to be completed. There is no charge levied by the official website and it's no more difficult to fill in than the setsail pass.

The bottom half was never taken at the pier by Princess at Fort Lauderdale it was still in there passport and immigration at Fort Lauderdale didn't take either as I said before they breezed through immigration and customs in Fort Lauderdale. That's why my brother-in-law checked with the airline in Atlanta and they took it.

Maybe be they are getting there act together with the ESTA program who knows.

Christine

Hi,

We still needed to fill out the green form earlier this month. No-one asked for ESTA info from us. Only problem we had was that the bottom half of the green form should have been taken by the check in staff at the pier in Miami. When we debarked Jewel we had a brief conversation with the border control as the forms were still in the passports; he took the original green slip and gave us new entry ones.

I imagine the ESTA info is logged remotely in the US and matched up with the passport when it's scanned.

Heads up though : there are sites charging for the ESTA form to be completed. There is no charge levied by the official website and it's no more difficult to fill in than the setsail pass.

This is exactly what I found when I "googled" ESTA. Fortunately I then went on to find the official site and completed the forms successfully. It was much easier than I expected. Since then I have updated them for our next cruise with no difficulty.

• 1 month later...

Need some advice about the ESTA form we are arriving the day before we sail and staying in Hotel at Cocoa Beach, after our cruise we are again staying for 2 nights at Cocoa Beach before joining another ship. when filling in the form do we give the address of the Hotel we are staying at for the first night the same as we have done in the past when filling in the VWF or do we say Cruising where it asks for address of where we are staying. RCCL docs say we need to show our ESTA form at the pier before boarding so would hate to get to the pier and be refused boarding because I had filled the forms in wrong. Hope some-one who has recently cruised from the US can answer this for me.

My sister joined us from England on a cruise back in March of this year, on her ESTA form she put the hotel as we stayed there 3 nights pre cruise, she stil had to fill out the green form I-94W on the plane. We cruised with Princess and they didn't need to see her ESTA forms but she did have them with her. ESTA is good for 2 years or if you passport expires soon then 2 years when it expires.

In fact Princess didn't even take her green copy out of her passport they said they didn't need it she sailed thru immgiration and customs upon our return and the airline took her green copy from the passports in Atlanta when she was heading back to England.

Hopefully someone that has cruised with RCCL since ESTA came into effect can help you more.

Christine

Thanks Christine for your reply I felt sure that I would just have to put the Hotel address on the form but when I read on the RCCL docs that they neded to see the ESTA FORMS I wasn't sure if I needed to state I was cruising. Over the years when we have cruised from the US our green waiver form has always been left in the passport until we check in at the airport to fly home.

Jewel

Archived