Autoprogreso Tours

globus

I have looked at Autoprogreso tours. Not all are listed. Does anyone know if there is a Merida/Uxmal tour, and is there enough time to do both from 9 til 5. and be back to cruise ships in Progreso in time to catch the ship before it leaves? Any info would be appreciated

I have looked at Autoprogreso tours. Not all are listed. Does anyone know if there is a Merida/Uxmal tour, and is there enough time to do both from 9 til 5. and be back to cruise ships in Progreso in time to catch the ship before it leaves? Any info would be appreciated

I know there is a tour to Uxmal and a different one to Merida, this is because of the time. The tour to Uxmal takes 5 hrs (1.30 hrs driving each way and two hrs visit), certainly some of the tours take the road down to Merida and then sorround the city to the exit to Uxmal and don't drive trough the city (it would take time), maybe if you take the tour with a taxi you can make Merida first, one or 1.30 hrs visit and then go to Uxmal for some other 1 or 1.30 hr visit and then get back directly to the ship by 4.30 pm. Autoprogreso has a "combo" tour Merida-Dzibilchaltun of 4 hrs, if you want the mayan ruis/merida combination. If you decide to go by taxi try to be as early as possible off the ship to take the first cars and save time. Cost for Autoprogreso "Combo tour" is about US$40 p/p. Taxi round trip to Uxmal ONLY is US$150 (car up to 4 person, if you need a van US$170 up to 10 person), you may arrange the cost for Merida with the driver. Hope it helps.

We did the Uxmal excursion last Monday. It was an incredible trip....the ruins were beautiful, and we did get to climb a big pyramid. NOT easy with the Mexican humidity!! We were back at the port by 1:15, plenty of time to shop a little and get on the boat by 3:30. (We left at 4.)

Did you book the trip ahead of time or when you arrived? I sent an email to AutoProgreso but haven't got a response yet. We leave soon and would like to make arrangements before we go....

Did you book the trip ahead of time or when you arrived? I sent an email to AutoProgreso but haven't got a response yet. We leave soon and would like to make arrangements before we go....

I haven't seen a reply from Autoprogreso either, but I do know they are available when you get to Progreso and you can book at the end of the pier from them, so that is prolly what I will do. Have fun...

I haven't seen a reply from Autoprogreso either, but I do know they are available when you get to Progreso and you can book at the end of the pier from them, so that is prolly what I will do. Have fun...

Thanks, I'm guessing we will be doing the same :)

I got a response today! We're meeting them on the pier :)

LEtue did you book Merida/dzbilchaltun? They still haven't replied to me. guess I will send another email. Are they meeting you at the end of the pier where the bus lets u off? Thanks for the info. When are you going?

LEtue did you book Merida/dzbilchaltun? They still haven't replied to me. guess I will send another email. Are they meeting you at the end of the pier where the bus lets u off? Thanks for the info. When are you going?

We're doing the Uxmal trip! Here is the response that I received from Jerry:

Tour costs $ 55 USD per person and includes : transportation both ways,

entrance fees and tour guide, it last about 6 hours total,and if the

transportation is on a AC van but if we have more than 13 people booked for

the tour we will use a bus.If you wanna go on the tour please print this

email as your reservation and show me in my office at the pier, it says

AUTOPROGRESO, there i'll give your tickets, we acept credid cards, cash,

travelers checks, hope this helps and if more info needed mail me back : )

We leave this Saturday on the Ecstacy :D

Would love to hear about your tour when you get back and anything interesting about the Ectasy. Is the Uxmal tour good and so on.. Thanks..Steve

We did the Merida/Dz. tour with Auto progreso and we were VERY pleased witht he entire experience. Ivan was our guide and he was fabulous. If you have time do the Double decker bus tour in Progreso before you leave with auto progreso. It will be the best two bucks you will spend on vacation. By the way, they do not sell beer in Progreso until 10AM.

Would love to hear about your tour when you get back and anything interesting about the Ectasy. Is the Uxmal tour good and so on.. Thanks..Steve

I took the Uxmal tour last week. Manuel was the guide and he was quite good. He is as informative as Ivan. The tour is pretty much a full day. I have toured with AutoProgreso three times and I would recommend them to anyone. The ruins were great and Manuel shared a lot of Mayan history. He also took us to the site of a former government building on the way to the ruins. Well worth the $55 for the tour. At Uxmal, they will charge you $3.50 to video tape at the ruins.

We did this combo tour in early June 08. Be booked from the market area and left at 11 am. The dzbilchaltun part was great with not a great deal of walking. The only issue was that the Merida city part got cut short due to lack of time. We only had about 20 min there. While we did see the goveners office and mayors office we did not get to go into the old church which was where we wanted to go first. We were instructed to stay with the guide due to lack of time. If we had to do over with a combo tour I would book one pre cruise that departed from the pier terminal a little earlier.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I inquired about a possible Dzilbilchaltun / Reef club combo with Autoprogreso, and received the following response on 10/1/08 (which addresses some of the other questions in this thread). We definitely will do Dzibilchaltun (want to see ruins, but not spend the whole day on the road). Think we've pretty much decided on Dzibilchaltun/Merida tour since it's only $11 more for the combo (would take the bus to Merida, but I suspect that would take more time to get back and fourth). Also, note that the combo tour now departs at 9:30 a.m., so they must have realized they were short changing people on the Merida portion of the trip.

We offer both tour but not in a combination because those are located in different ways so its impossible... Dzibilchaltun could be combined with Merida City which is the capitol city of Yucatan State for the price of $ 40 USD, only Dzibilchaltun costs $ 29 and the Reef club and xcambó ruins costs $ 45.

Combo tour leaves about 9: 30, Reef club 9: 45 and dzibilchaltun 10:00 If you want to go in any of these tours please print this email and show me in my office at the pier where you gonna buy your tickets from me.Hope this works and if you need more info mail me back : )

Gerardo Medina

Sales

Sounds like a decent price for that tour. I forget what Carnival charges, but the direct price is less. I should be able to get my wife to go on that one.

Gerardo (Jerry) is always the one I receive replies from.

Here were some prices last time I checked (a few months ago)

.hmmessage P { margin:0px; padding:0px } body.hmmessage { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma } Hello Mr. bill i checked that you are interested in taking a tour with us, i cant tell you now at what time we start because we dont know yet at what time the ship is going to deck, but fantasy usually comes 7 or 8 in the morning so i can tell you probably those starts between 10 or 11 am. below you have information about it, i hope this works for you and is gonna be a pleasure having you and your party with us! our ticket counter is located right off the pier , you will see us. i ´ll wait for your reply to set this up for you.

Resort and ruins tour $45usd duration 4 hours, drinks and snacks included

Merida city tour $25usd duration 3 30 hours, 1 one free time

dzibilchaltun ruins $29usd duration 3 hours

chichen itza ruins $55usd duration 5 30 hours

uxmal ruins $55usd duration 5 30 hours

flamingos tour $18usd duration 2 hours ( downtown progreso, vacation homes,salt flats, flamingos and xcambo ruins)

combo tour $40usd duration 4 30 -5 hours ( merida and dzibilchaltun ruins)

*kids under 10 ten years pay $19 usd in all the tours except chichen itza and uxmal that is $35usd

* all the tours includes guide and ruins tours tickets are included

Gerardo(Jerry)

I was showing my wife pictures of Uxmal and now she seems really excited about going. Since we are taking our laptop I can down load my days pictures when we get back to the ship so I can click away until I either fill my card or run out of juice.

• 2 weeks later...

Do the tours through the cruiseline leave earlier in the day. Autoprogreso tours seem to leave the pier around 10.

This only matters to me because 1) it's cooler earlier in the day and maybe the ruins are less crowded? 2) a little more room at the end for shopping or in case of travel issues.

Anyone know the start and end times to compare. Specifically for the Dzibilchaltun ruin tour.

Archived