Kids at Orient

melc0305

I hope this doesn't sound bad! My little boys are 3 and 5 and they LOVE to run around naked in the house. I think they would get a real kick out of playing naked at the beach. They are really too young to be self conscious, nor do I think they will care about seeing nude adults. Do any young children do this or is it strictly adults only? I certainly don't want to break any unwritten rules in a foreign country.

Melissa

The sad fact is that it doesn't take a little one being nude to "turn on" a pedophile (far beyond creep and right to "evil," in my book). The only way to make sure that such a thing doesn't happen is to not allow a child to leave the house. Pedophiles have a completely different and sick way of thinking about children, no matter how much or how little the children are wearing.

Orient Beach is not an "adults only" beach at all. There are families all over the place, even some at Club Orient, the completely clothing-optional resort. There are many little ones running around au naturale along the length of the beach. They really are so much more relaxed about it at that age. Most adults at the beach are there to enjoy the beach, many of them with their families and children. Just because the beach follows the French custom and just because there's a completely clothing-optional resort, doesn't mean that it's a problem for kids to follow the custom too.

Of course, no parent should allow his or her child to do anything that the parent is not comfortable with. However, letting a youngster run around in the buff on a beach where that is appropriate is not a problem. To be specific, it is not a problem on Orient Beach.

beachchick

Chick - Any thoughts on "people watchers" where some might consider them as "voyeurs"? Can we distinguish one from the other? I've always wondered about a guy sitting on a chair at Orient watching "cloud formations" with his 15x binoculars. :rolleyes: Maybe I should be taking my binocs to catch "5 o-clock Charley" when he flies by. ;)

Do I hear Neil Diamond singing SKYBIRD or is that Jonathon Living Good Seagull??? :D

My bf and I go to a clothing optional beach here all the time. My kids don't go because my ex would have a fit if he knew they were going there. My son is 11 and would be too embarrased anyway;) There are families at this beach and no one bothers them. Actually the way it works out there is pretty simple. The people at the beach police themselves. If anyone gets out of line they are spoken too and the lifeguards are told. Works pretty well...........Can't wait to go to Orient next month.

My bf and I go to a clothing optional beach here all the time. My kids don't go because my ex would have a fit if he knew they were going there. My son is 11 and would be too embarrased anyway;) There are families at this beach and no one bothers them. Actually the way it works out there is pretty simple. The people at the beach police themselves. If anyone gets out of line they are spoken too and the lifeguards are told. Works pretty well...........Can't wait to go to Orient next month.

Archived